Mitsubishi Canter

Hi, having reached the decision to replace our dying 7.5t Mercedes with a similar vehicle (only not so old and knackered!!) the search has begun…there are a few Mitsubishi Canters available for a good price - does anyone have any experience of these, good or bad, any opinion or information would be really appreciated as we hope to keep this lorry for a few years and don’t want to make an expensive mistake!! Thanks all :slight_smile:

Canters are rubbish in short.
They fall apart and spend more time in the shop than the Merc will.

Used a few for vehicle recovery and they are sluggish and often suffer from breakdowns.

Steer well clear of all the Far Eastern 7.5 tonnes vehicles and the 4-6 tonne ones as well. Tonka Toys, but not up to the brand name.

Sooty vans

Stick with merc be it new or a big spend on the old one .

What about DAF lf

DAF LFs are by far the bestest of the puddle jumpers.

Thanks all - very helpful and confirms my suspicions!! I will certainly have a look at the Daf :laughing:

Making a guess, the Old Merc is an 814 so what’s wrong with it? they were a really good lorry- miles better than the replacement Atego.

We have been nursing it along for quite a while now but it is definitely time she retired - don’t worry the Canter is a no go, think it will be a mid mileage Merc or Daf instead of the low mileage Sooty van lol!

DAF every time for me. Prefer MAN over Mercedes

I will add Man to my search list, thank you :slight_smile:

Avoid IVECO like the plague. A nicely looked after MAN will give good service, although a similar price DAF will be better specced, but you might get away without adblue if you go Euro 5. Does it have to be a 7.5? My old 12t DAF 220 was brill.

We looked at a bigger lorry but would have to employ a new driver - it is really good to hear the opinions of those in the know as it is such minefield when all you have is sales information which seems to mean very little! :slight_smile: