Missing Trailer

Went into work monday morning unit and trailer missing.Tracker fitted to unit so found unit dumped in retail park in rotherham(stolen from Wednesbury west Midlands) But no trailer so looking for help to track down trailer

Trailer is a SDC,blue chassis, white curtain sider,sliding roof, Perkins Haulage logo with telephone and e-mail address,trailer no. front and rear PT10

So if anybody is driving around south yorks and see a lonely white curtain sider with Perkins Haulage on the side pleade give me a call.

07970 667595
andy.bryant@blueyonder.co.uk

Many thanks Andy

andy, you wrote that the trailer was fitted with a tracking device, my question is how was it fixed as i was led to belive that the system had its own power supply so if not connected it would be self surrporting. if the
system was not protected by a welded steel box why not as the system
is self surrporting and these power supplys last for a year+ and when
you do regular checks these would tell when you a problem has, sorry
if it sounds like I am moaning but your security adviser should have
given better advice, by covering the tracker in a steel cover box and
welding it you might have had a better chance of a recovery I belive.
and this system is workable as many car thieves and lorry theives here
in germany have found out. they have tracked vehicles to russia and beyond, and recovered them,

brit pete:
andy, you wrote that the trailer was fitted with a tracking device, my question is how was it fixed as i was led to belive that the system had its own power supply so if not connected it would be self surrporting. if the
system was not protected by a welded steel box why not as the system
is self surrporting and these power supplys last for a year+ and when
you do regular checks these would tell when you a problem has, sorry
if it sounds like I am moaning but your security adviser should have
given better advice, by covering the tracker in a steel cover box and
welding it you might have had a better chance of a recovery I belive.
and this system is workable as many car thieves and lorry theives here
in germany have found out. they have tracked vehicles to russia and beyond, and recovered them,

Quote: Tracker fitted to unit so found unit dumped in retail park in rotherham(stolen from Wednesbury west Midlands) But no trailer so looking for help to track down trailer

Pete, I think you will find the Tractor had the tracker fitted not the trailer, but having said that your idea is still a good one. :smiley: :wink:

Brit Pete- the tracker was fitted to the unit the boss has just started fitting tracker units to the trailers

okay ,andy tell him what i wrote on the fitting of the system as I do belive that this would have helped the recoverery, hope that you get a result on the trailer.

Andy,
will put the word out in our yard, lots of us up that way this week so will keep 'em peeled.
Good Luck

I’ve found it , driving up the A42 north bound on friday afternoon when parked up in a layby on the southbound side is the said trailer with the curtains tied back and the doors open(i guess to avoid identification) retreived it last.So thanks to all who have been keeping there eyes open all week

many thanks
Andy

Glad to hear you got it back. All OK??

Thanks “marcusTandy” Yeah everything fine all except approx £100.000 assorted steel missing. Will say the curtains were tied back very proffesionally

Sorry to hear that Andy. No prizes for guessing where that went?