Missing road train & driver

as any one heard anything from this man yet i work for a removal company in preston and might be able to find something out for you

regards george

Coffeeholic:
The driver has now been located.

they found him george.

cheers jb where did they find him

Im sorry george i cant remember. i think it was posted somewhere else on here. maybe if you send coffeholic a pm hell know.

no problem mate just interested thats all im in the same game runnin furniture up an down to spain

cheers george

I think J f D were involved in his recovery

As I recall, he worked for a vehicle recovery company. He went down to recover a vehicle and when stopped by the usual customs johnnies, the car was found to be filled with “an illegal substance”.
For once, the French used their loaf…instead of banging the driver up for the next 10 years, they liasoned with the UK police, let him go and when the guys turned up to reclaim their vehicle, they were nicely nicked :o).
The driver was completely innocent as I recall and the French acknowledged that

So, in other words the “gear” was in the load, on the trailer, for which he was responsible…& they realised what was occuring here & let him go. Good.

BUT: does that now not set a precedence??

What’s the difference, in a car on a trailer…which someone else has asked you move, or in a box on a trailer, which someone else has asked you to move?

I’m sure John Vasey & few others would like that explained!

Driveroneuk:
BUT: does that now not set a precedence??

!

I have no idea but French law, being entirely differently based, might have no regard for precedence.

Good news though and can’t be anything other than a help.

Salut, David.

pasted from ukhauliers yahoo group:

Hi,

A colleague of mine is missing a driver and road train between the
Spanish border and Antibes.

He last spoke to the driver by phone on WEDNESDAY morning who said he
would soon be in Montpelier.

Nothing heard from him since. No joy with the police so far or
customs. The vehicle is a UK reg road train No B19 WBR and is clearly
marked WITHAM BROTHERS.

Can any of you with drivers out please ask them to keep and eye open
please.

If any news please call DAVID diect on +33 6 22 38 40 08

After John V, this is starting to not look good.

Many thanks

Roger Sutcliffe

I’ve also posted this in the PDF where some other details and contact numbers are available. They say they have been in contact with the police with no luck but as he was travelling from Spain it makes you wonder if this is another case similar to when other drivers couldn’t be contacted and it turned out they were being detained by the police. Hopefully it isn’t and the driver turns up safe and sound.

As coffee says it could be that he has been detained by the French police.
When John Vasey was arrested it was several days before they admitted to having him.

The driver has now been located.

now Friday, anybody know any further details yet?