Missing nut.

ezydriver:
The police were just trying to be correct, which they shouldn’t.

Why change now, you mean?
:smiley:

Bin Man:
The driver thought it was acceptable and couldn’t understand why they was issued a Graduated Fixed Penalty Ticket and prohibited from continuing their journey.

The “driver” needs re-educated in the fine art of daily checks if he thought that was good to go

Bin Man:
A bit over the top if other 9 were tight :wink:

North West Motorway Police
@NWmwaypolice

One stopped today by the RCVU at Bowden Island, M56.
This HGV had a missing wheel nut.
In fact it was sheared off.
The driver thought it was acceptable and couldn’t understand why they was issued a Graduated Fixed Penalty Ticket and prohibited from continuing their journey.

Thats about 5 minutes or less from becoming a mobile bouncing bomb - i’ve seen one do it at 56 mph and it was a very scary moment - bounced across the middle and outside lane , cleared the central reservation and the three lanes on the opposite side before heading up a 30 foot high embankment clearing a 6 foot high fence and dissapearing into the field behind. I was about 100 yards behind it when it came off the back axle of a tipping trailer .

stu675:

ezydriver:

Old John:
Also, whoever in the NWMP wrote the caption needs to go back to school and revise his tenses.

I think they’re using trendy woke pronouns.

There would have been nothing wrong if they had said “They were issued”
however, “They was issued” is never right.

Delighted to find that I’m not the only old pedant on here, and you sir, are absolutely correct.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the wheel, studs and hub are comprehensively f–ck–d, and the Police were quite correct to prohibit further movement of the vehicle.

ezydriver:

stu675:

ezydriver:

Old John:
Also, whoever in the NWMP wrote the caption needs to go back to school and revise his tenses.

I think they’re using trendy woke pronouns.

There would have been nothing wrong if they had said “They were issued”
however, “They was issued” is never right.

I think they’ve substituted he or she with they, which is the woke thing they do now. Because it’s singular, was has been used.

He was issued (singular, male)
She was issued (singular, female)
Dave was issued (singular, male)
Amy was issued (singular, female)
They was issued (singular, gender neutral)

It’s counter intutive and grammatically incorrect in the classic sense, I agree, but some people demand their pronoun is they, as it’s gender neutral. In this context it’s not referring to plural. Using they has never been used to refer to a singular, til recent times. So though I agree with you, it is correct in the context of woke language… which to my mind is completely warped [zb]. The police were just trying to be politically correct, which they shouldn’t.

Personally, I think instead of a wokist demanding their personal gender neutral pronoun be they, they should use it. “It was issued” is more apt I think, and sounds grammatically correct.

That’s a long and convoluted way of avoiding saying that they should all be killed.

Another slant on this is, as to where the actual wheel nut ended up?

I had one come through the windscreen of my then-new ERF many years ago.

It ran on double shift and my Day man was a smoker, in the windscreen, there was a factory-fitted ‘No smoking’ sticker [top centre of the windscreen] to which my day man said “Well that will be coming out”

A couple of nights later on the M6, his wish was granted when a truck wheel nut came through the windscreen in the exact same spot where the sticker was. The wheel nut hit the back of the cab leaving a right old dent in the lining and it finally ended up on the bunk!

Such is life on the road!

Stephenjp:

Bin Man:
Are wheel nut markers not compulsory, all our vehicles have to have them on every nut.

Top two aren’t aligned…

Well spotted. :unamused:

True this I saw a truck with alloy front wheels that required tubed nuts one side had them the other side did not ,driver said it did not feel right…he had got them off somebody :confused: