Missing driver not just a UK problem 20k missing in Czech Re

novinky.cz/zahranicni/evrop … c-40373724

Probably gone off to work in the Polish tiger by comparison road transport industry I know I would have done with the language similarity.
Although probably best not to upset the Poles by moaning about the Polish coal industry.

The main difference is they are in the EU so they can each help each other out.

Meanwhile, in Global Britain it seems not too many are keen on our Commonwealth brothers & sisters helping us out.
I don’t understand why, they are used to hauling loads on rigids that are illegal on Artics in the UK, and they drive them on mud roads too.

They also seem as popular over there as we are here: ‘When I drive through towns they shout at me’: Africa’s essential truckers say they face constant coronavirus stigma | The Independent | The Independent

whisperingsmith:

Sounds ideal ^^^ is that happening is it?

So to confirm the shortage isn’t due to brexit, who would have guessed

Have they introduced a visa scheme for British drivers?

the maoster:

whisperingsmith:

[/quote]

Looks like it, no empty shelves or fuel shortages in the EU. The only empty shops have been Carrefour due to their drivers strike

whisperingsmith:

‘Help each other out’ as in an EU state with 7.5% of Europe’s population has a 17% market share of its road transport market.

whisperingsmith:

the maoster:

whisperingsmith:

[/quote]

Looks like it, no empty shelves or fuel shortages in the EU. The only empty shops have been Carrefour due to their drivers strike

I imagine that it is tbh. After all the Eu is founded on a bedrock of mutual assistance for the greater good isn’t it? I envisage that the French and more particularly the Germans are rushing to send their surplus lorry drivers into Gdańsk and Belarus to help out with their brethren’s shortages. Let’s face it, the Germans have prior in parachuting men and equipment into areas that they’re needed at short notice, haven’t they? Wait, what’s that? You mean to say that the former Commie block countries are out on a limb whilst the Franco German model gets all the support from the outlying regions? Surely not?

whisperingsmith:

Meanwhile, in Global Britain it seems not too many are keen on our Commonwealth brothers & sisters helping us out.
I don’t understand why, they are used to hauling loads on rigids that are illegal on Artics in the UK, and they drive them on mud roads too.

They also seem as popular over there as we are here: ‘When I drive through towns they shout at me’: Africa’s essential truckers say they face constant coronavirus stigma | The Independent | The Independent

Can you name the EU country currently sitting on a surplus of 76,000 drivers that can be sent to Poland to help them out? Just about every EU country also has a shortage.