Missing British tv?

If your missing some of the old British tv then look up Netflix.com (in the USA),
They’ve got a great selection ON DVD TO RENT by mail.
Only fools and horses, Till death do us part, Bottom/young ones, Red Dwarf, French and Saunders, Carry on, Benny Hill, Alan Partridge etc, also
Morse, Sherlock,Poirot, Frost, Rumpole just to name a few, they also have films and soaps (if your into that junk)

If you get a DVD burner you can record most of these and keep em in your truck,
you are allowed 3 dvds at a time the quicker you return them the quicker you get more (it’s a monthly fee with no limit.) it costs nothing to return the dvds post is paid.
Just think of watching 3 hours of only fools and horses with no adverts!

I have Direct TV, before that I had digital cable, both have BBC America and A&E :exclamation:

There are so many British programes showing, some old, some up to date.

On A&E there is Morse, Midsommer Murders, Piorot, Murder in mind and many more.

I don’t have satelite TV on my truck, don’t watch enough Tv To justify it, but what I do have in my truck ,is a British TV/VCR combo made by Bush. So I get to watch all the videos of my favourite Brit TV on videos i’ve either bought over the past 10 years or had recorded for me. Tthe nice thing about British VCR’s is that they will also play US format videos, so I can still watch all my favourite movies I’ve been buying them up from Wal-Mart at a little over a fiver each for the past couple of years, bought some last night, come to think of it, got the Double Set of the 60th Anniversary Pearl Harbour, Stephen Kings ’ Rose Red’, the Stepford Wives and ’ Open Water’ all for $5.76 each, not a bad deal.

Beats the hell out of watching TV and all those commercials.

In responce to another of Roadrats posts about wanting to return to the UK or European.

For christ sake do not come back on account of the telly :stuck_out_tongue: I would go to timbukthingyummybob to get away from it :smiley:

Frankly, I can’t imagine actually paying to watch The Young Ones again. I could barely stand them when it was new.

As for Benny Hill-that must’ve been the dumbest show on TV in 2 continents!

Did’nt like the Young Ones Alex?, ■■■■! you are the first person I know (well, sort of know) who did’nt/does’nt like the Young Ones :frowning:

Don’t tell me, I bet you don’t like Monty Python either?

Although I got to agree with you on Benny Hill, he was a bit of a plonker.

I’M not heading back for the TV, that was one of the reasons I left in the first place, I never watched much TV as I used to spend weeks driving in europe.
I’m just not keen on watching 3 minutes of a show with 8 minute adverts.
No, i’m heading back for the beer, the pubs and the non drama queen women.
If you have ever married a mad american woman you will understand,
They may have the big rigs, the sun and beaches over here but we have the best women! (unless that has changed?)
Cliff, I’ve got a mountain of british videos I brought over I’ll drop them off next time i’m in Atlanta

The Young ones was class!! lol :laughing:

they have a lot of british tv here even little britains on !

I never watched Drama Queen Woman :stuck_out_tongue:

I never needed to as there was loads of them here too :smiley:

You will have to move a long way to get away from them methinks

I loved Monty Python!

BTW, Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberry. I faaahrt in your genereal direction!!!

If you check out Deep Discount DVD…there are lots of old British comedy and other stuff like the early Avengers and the Prisoner.

My wife (american) still watches eastenders every week.I gave up on that about 15 years ago.It’s on WLIW 21 if you live in the NYC area,if you care.