Missing 3 year old - body found - mother arrested

Sky news reporting the mother has been arrested.
Sad sad news. I don’t know how people can harm their own children. (Obviously innocent until proven guilty - to keep mods happy)

Punishment should fit the crime…
RIP little chap

It beggars belief that someone could do this to their own child (assuming the mother is guilty of course) and I can sympathise with the difficulties of bringing a child up alone, but with the amount of folk crying out to adopt young children surely it would make sense to put the child up for adoption rather than kill it.

Of course the state of mind required to commit such an act would hardly be thinking rationally tbh.

Very sad indeed.

What the ■■■■ is wrong with the world.

Poor little bugger

We live in a very messed up world

Just to clarify, at this time the mother has been detained she has not been arrested.
There is a difference under Scots law. Explained here

Aye people seem able to take a life and think nothing of it and then come up with the mental health issue as a plea.
R I P. WEE MAN. Eddie.

Colingl:
Just to clarify, at this time the mother has been detained she has not been arrested.
There is a difference under Scots law. Explained here

Neither of those should apply in this case.

■■■■■ should of been shot

happysack:
We live in a very messed up world

Unfortunately I’d have to agree. R.I.P nipper god bless ya.

Well she’s been charged now anyway. You just know from the start that these incidents are going to end badly, I’ve not come across any 3 year olds that would, or could, get out of the house & stay away of their own accord.

A thing that bothers me a lot is,children are always having STRANGER DANGER drummed into them.When an incident like this crops up more often than not the perpetrator turns out to be a family member or a person known and trusted by the family.

Slackbladder:
I’ve not come across any 3 year olds that would, or could, get out of the house & stay away of their own accord.

Have you ever met a 3 year old? They’re perfectly capable of escaping and taking themselves off to the park. You don’t even need to turn your back for a second, you only need to blink and they’ve taken the opportunity! Little scamps. :wink:
Rip little fella.

10-08:

Slackbladder:
I’ve not come across any 3 year olds that would, or could, get out of the house & stay away of their own accord.

Have you ever met a 3 year old? They’re perfectly capable of escaping and taking themselves off to the park. You don’t even need to turn your back for a second, you only need to blink and they’ve taken the opportunity! Little scamps. :wink:
Rip little fella.

I read Slackbladder’s post as meaning be able to cope being outside of their parents house for any length of time.

Oh yeah could be read both ways. To be fair a 3 year old would go and find an adult as soon as they missed their mum or lost their teddy bear.

I read it both ways. My 3 year old (only just 3) can dress himself and escape the front door even if it’s locked with the key in the barrel.
I doubt he would wonder too far away from home though. Key is always removed from the lock now so I hope to never find out.

Yes sorry guys, I should have put it better. I know they get everywhere and you cannot take your eyes off them. My point was that once they get hungry, tired, missing mum etc they would go home or, if lost find someone to help them.