Mirrorless trucks

Have you driven a Mirrorless merc.
Just putting this out to gauge what others have found…

I’m hearing that some drivers are having head ache and other symptoms after driving them, mainly drivers who wear glasses for driving or reading.
It looks like it’s due to the mirror/screen on the driver side being too close / in direct vision.

Thanks for your help in advance .
Nick

Never driven one so can’t comment on the practicalities, but I will say that every time one passes me I feel like I’ve just been overtaken by Nikki Lauda.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165562

We disgust

nick2008:

I’m hearing that some drivers are having head ache and other symptoms after driving them, mainly drivers who wear glasses for driving or reading.
It looks like it’s due to the mirror/screen on the driver side being too close / in direct vision.

Nick

Good points though

Evolved:
New Mercs with no mirrors - opinions - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

We disgust

No nothing disgusted about the question I have asked. just the usual drivel.

I’ve asked a specific question that just needs a yes driven and a yes or no on the pole

nick2008:

Nick

You’ve seen my photo on another thread so you’ll know where I was and that was my only run that night after the training on them but I found them ok to be honest…

nick2008:

I never thought about that. I’ve just recently had to start wearing glasses for reading and pretty much focussing on anything up to a couple of feet and without them even the tachograph display above my head and speedo look slightly blurry so the drivers side mirror screen would definitely be close enough I’d need to wear glasses to see it clearly.

No

Conor:

nick2008:

I never thought about that. I’ve just recently had to start wearing glasses for reading and pretty much focussing on anything up to a couple of feet and without them even the tachograph display above my head and speedo look slightly blurry so the drivers side mirror screen would definitely be close enough I’d need to wear glasses to see it clearly.

Glasses on for o/S mirror glasses off for n/S mirror your going to spend all your driving time taking glasses on and off should be fun

robthedog:

Conor:

nick2008:

Glasses on for o/S mirror glasses off for n/S mirror your going to spend all your driving time taking glasses on and off should be fun

Use a monacle and open and close each eye separately.
Or varifocal glasses.

Or…

Varifocal contact lenses.

Yes, it’s a thing.

yourhavingalarf:
Or…

Yes, it’s a thing.

By heck! Horse’s eyes.

yourhavingalarf:
Or…

Yes, it’s a thing.

So nodding dog routine whilst driving down the road.

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:
Or…

Yes, it’s a thing.

I’ve got varifocal glasses. They take some getting used to, but after a while are brilliant.

Conor:

Dunno mate…

I’ve never tried them. Just seen adverts for them.