Mirror cam are yay or nay?

I’d avoid them like the plague. I had someone smash the nearside mirror to bits on my scania when it was parked, out with enough gaffer tape and cable ties I was able to patch up something to get me out of a muddle.

Also when you are sat in the seat and you can’t quite see enough in the mirror you can move your head slightly for a different view in the mirror. That screen in it’s place isn’t going to display anything other without making it alter the angle it’s looking at.

I’ve only seen about 2 DAFs specc’d with them. Perhaps that tells its own story. I’ve never driven one, and I’m in no hurry to do so. I drove a brand new FH last week, it was like an ipad on wheels, and was very annoying to get to grips with.

the maoster:

Harry Monk:
Two words… fuel consumption.

It never ceases to amaze and amuse me when companies like the one I work for bleat on and on about fuel economy, efficient driving etc and then plan a start time one hour before the booking time at a place which is an hour away, and then book subsequent drops at 30 minute intervals and then wonder why some drivers get rubbish fuel economy.

They’ll spec anything that the salesman assures them will save 0.0009mpg over a year and then plan you right to the limit.

You must be rob roys luv child or something everytime he has somethin to say your on his ■■■■ faster then his old lady. :laughing:

ezydriver:
I’ve only seen about 2 DAFs specc’d with them. Perhaps that tells its own story. I’ve never driven one, and I’m in no hurry to do so. I drove a brand new FH last week, it was like an ipad on wheels, and was very annoying to get to grips with.

I feel like that about all the latest generation motors i get in, i don’t want endless menus or bloody touch screens, i want some switches sensibly placed with labels on them someone over the age of 16 can read without a bloody magnifying glass, switches that respond as expected.

I hate the mirror cams, I see no benefit in them at all and they should be banned. Absolutely a useless gimmick.

Trick r truck:
You must be rob roys luv child or something everytime he has somethin to say your on his ■■■■ faster then his old lady. :laughing:

Shush child, the grown ups are talking.

the maoster:

Trick r truck:

Shush child, the grown ups are talking.

Yer wasting your time mate, he’ll be in bed,. It’s a school night, first lesson tomorrow double maths. :smiley:

True, he does raise a valid point however as I am in fact young enough to be your love child! :smiley:

the maoster:
True, he does raise a valid point however as I am in fact young enough to be your love child! :smiley:

If you don’t jack it in I’m going to mention the barmaid that time who thought you were my Dad. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:

robroy:
Whenever I see the words ‘mirror’ and ‘camera’ used together.
The first,.and obvious word that springs to my mind is…''WHY ? :neutral_face:

Two words… fuel consumption.

20 miles solo to pickup a trailer (trailers are available where the tractor is) 100 miles with empty trailer, 100 miles 5 pallets, 20 miles solo. SOME customers/companies have no interest in fuel savings when they order a fleet of mirror cams.