Minor accident

Had a minor accident around two years ago while on agency,i posted what happened and a mate suggested i claim compo as the agency washed their hands of it and told me to take it up with the company where it happened,so i took advice and phoned a no win no fee solicitors,they took on the case and it progressed from there,i was off for 4 weeks with no money coming in so all i wanted was the money i lost in wages which amounted to around £1500,now its finally going to court in march,i’m pretty sure i will lose and get nothing i have accepted that but i will never ever do the compo thing again unless its for something more serious,tired of all the hassle involved signing this or that,then signing more stuff,takes far too long,anyone else done the same and how long has it taken to reach a conclusion,all i want now is to get it over with and forget it ever happened

Who are you taking to court the agency or the company you was working at ?

Well best of luck! :smiley:

I’m surprised a firm took it on “no win, no fee” though, if you think you’ll lose?
I’d expect the defendant to make an offer just as it gets to court, and for your “no win, no fee” firm to force you into taking it.
So you might not get your day in court anyway! :laughing:

Wasn’t an accident at work - Got knocked off my motorbike on the way to work. Had much the same experience what with repeated requests to sign stuff (some of which I swear was exactly the same document I had signed several months earlier). I also had a “no win no fee” deal - mine was arranged via the RAC (fat lot of good they turned out to be in my hour of need). Over a year into the process, I got a letter out of the blue telling me my case was now being dealt with by a different person and seemed to have to go through a lot of the same correspondence all over again. Then blow me if a few months later my case was handed to yet another person. Eventually mine was settled without going to court - I was advised to accept the offer by the solicitors and the terms of the No Win No Fee deal meant I would be stupid to disagree even though I felt it was nowhere near enough :frowning:

All done now and I really hope I never have to go there ever again. The only winners are the solicitors and other hangers-on who appear to get paid to drag things out as long as possible.

When I had my accident on the bus ( after I had already had 1 a few mth earlier fracturing my ankle & ruptured my Scillies ) was actually on the mend I felt with all of this myself tbh could not fault the bus company they were quick to arrange physio transport for me at any time cleaners gym membership also compensation

Cost to me a few phone calls

Truckman020
Without knowing any of the details of your case I’d say don’t give up. If the solicitor thinks it’s got good enough prospects to take all the way to court they clearly think you have a good case.
Courts can be a lottery but if you state your case clearly and come over as a genuine honest victim courts often lean in the claimants favour.

tachograph:
Who are you taking to court the agency or the company you was working at ?

Its a well known company,not prepared to say though,never know whos monitoring this site

Bigpaul:
Truckman020
Without knowing any of the details of your case I’d say don’t give up. If the solicitor thinks it’s got good enough prospects to take all the way to court they clearly think you have a good case.
Courts can be a lottery but if you state your case clearly and come over as a genuine honest victim courts often lean in the claimants favour.

Truth be told as i said i will be glad to get it over with win or lose,its my first and last time i do anything like that

Roymondo:
Wasn’t an accident at work - Got knocked off my motorbike on the way to work. Had much the same experience what with repeated requests to sign stuff (some of which I swear was exactly the same document I had signed several months earlier). I also had a “no win no fee” deal - mine was arranged via the RAC (fat lot of good they turned out to be in my hour of need). Over a year into the process, I got a letter out of the blue telling me my case was now being dealt with by a different person and seemed to have to go through a lot of the same correspondence all over again. Then blow me if a few months later my case was handed to yet another person. Eventually mine was settled without going to court - I was advised to accept the offer by the solicitors and the terms of the No Win No Fee deal meant I would be stupid to disagree even though I felt it was nowhere near enough :frowning:

All done now and I really hope I never have to go there ever again. The only winners are the solicitors and other hangers-on who appear to get paid to drag things out as long as possible.

Know what you mean,i have gone through 3 solicitors now with the same company,they were obviously given better work

animal:
When I had my accident on the bus ( after I had already had 1 a few mth earlier fracturing my ankle & ruptured my Scillies ) was actually on the mend I felt with all of this myself tbh could not fault the bus company they were quick to arrange physio transport for me at any time cleaners gym membership also compensation

Cost to me a few phone calls

Thats good

Bigpaul:
Truckman020

True,colleague’s have said if i didnt have a chance the solicitors would not have taken me on,just have to wait and see

Roymondo:

Let me guess, did the “no win, no fee” insurance company put you in a sticky spot where you didn’t have much choice but take the offer?

It’s a good business model, your solicitor can crank up a good fee which gets paid, so they can’t lose. And the insurance firm they are in bed with pretty much forces the client to take the offer, so they are never at risk. The only loser is the plaintiff, as the defense solicitors know how the game is played, so the plaintiff always get a silly offer to settle just before the case starts to trigger this mechanism…

You gotta love the justice system! :smiley:

broke my wrist on the job back in may 28days off recuperating only got paid 20 days despite assurances from the boss month later was used as leverage to push me out of the job. so went after them through a solicitor recommended by family result payout second week of jan £5600 to me £1400 to the solicitor nice bit of business for us both pays to stay away from claims companies shysters the lot of em !