Minmum ADR equipment on truck

What is the minmum ADR equipment that should be carried on the truck ■■? Its a 44 ton truck

tony66:
What is the minmum ADR equipment that should be carried on the truck ■■? Its a 44 ton truck

Hi Tony, I’m assuming it’s a vehicle carrying dangerous goods in packages in excess of the relevant ADR Trensport Category load limits??
The answer will also depend on the Class of dangerous goods being carried, and in some circumstances it’ll also depend on the exact substance too, so because there’s no detail in your question, I’m sorry but there can’t be any detail in the answer…

As a general rule, once the Regs apply, you’ll need the following equipment on a 44t vehicle:

2 x fire extinguishers as per page 3 of the ADR ‘sticky’ (accessed from the index page of this forum.)
2 x self-standing warning signs (cones, triangles or orange flashing lights)
1 x wheelchock in the UK (2 x wheelchocks if it’s an international journey)
1 x high-viz for each member of the vehicle crew
1x pocket lamp for each member of the vehicle crew
Suitable and sufficient load securing equipment for the job at hand
PLUS: any and all PPE and equipment mentioned in the Instructions In Writing relevant to the UN danger Class and any applicable special provisions (SPs)relating to the particular substance(s) being carried.

I hope that helps. :smiley:

Thats perfect dave i did not know what i was ment to pick up so i could not be exsact just wanted to know basic as i am the only driver with a ADR ticket i was asked to collect a load for sweeden but refused as there was no chocks or any thing on the truck apart from a silly little fire extinguisher in the cab the TM was trying to tell me that was enough so i told him to go f*** himself. I will be glad to be out of this company at the end of the week.

Thank again
Tony

tony66:
Thats perfect dave i did not know what i was ment to pick up so i could not be exsact just wanted to know basic as i am the only driver with a ADR ticket i was asked to collect a load for sweeden but refused as there was no chocks or any thing on the truck apart from a silly little fire extinguisher in the cab the TM was trying to tell me that was enough so i told him to go f*** himself. I will be glad to be out of this company at the end of the week.

Thank again
Tony

Hi Tony, That TM is miles out then… :open_mouth: , or he just wanted the job done at any cost… :unamused:
The thing that gets me about this type of TM is that if you were caught following his orders, there’d be a nice PG9 landing on his desk, then the nominated TM might be invited to visit the TC to explain himself. :grimacing:

I agree that you made the right decision and that you’re best off out of it mate, nice one. :wink: