minimum POA

i’ve lost out on a days overtime today,as i’ve worked 52/53 hours this week,and couldn’t risk going over my 60 hrs for the week (mon-fri.) i could shave some of the time off while waiting to load/unload.my question is…if i’m waiting for 10 minutes (after confirmation from the forkie of course),would this count as POA,or does it have to be say,15 mins,or 30 mins.hope that makes sense!

carryfast-yeti:
i’ve lost out on a days overtime today,as i’ve worked 52/53 hours this week,and couldn’t risk going over my 60 hrs for the week (mon-fri.) i could shave some of the time off while waiting to load/unload.my question is…if i’m waiting for 10 minutes (after confirmation from the forkie of course),would this count as POA,or does it have to be say,15 mins,or 30 mins.hope that makes sense!

If you are told there is a 10 min wait then it can be POA
You could also record that 10 mins as break which does not require any notice

thanks Rog :smiley:

there’s no min or max . even if you were told or know it would be an hour or more your available to return to work at an time so even 5 min would count if you expected to be an hour.

If you use POA be aware that digital tachographs count it as break, the driving time on a digital tachograph display will reset after 45 minutes of POA but legally it’s not break/rest so makes no difference to your driving time.

The point is when using POA you need to keep a check on your driving time and not rely on a digital tachographs display.

thanks for the advice everyone :slight_smile: