Minimum Driving Time Before Taking A Break

Hi everyone,
Can someone tell me what the minimum driving time is before you can take a break?
Many Thanks

0 mins

peirre:
0 mins

i think it might be 1 minute to prove you have done some?

no doubt someone will be along in a mo to prove me wrong!!!

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome jeffp69 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

1 min driving 15 min break 4hours 29 min driving 30 min break - now resets so another 4.5 hours driving available - NOT THE EXPERT ON THIS but I’m quite sure that is allowed as Ive not seen owt to say it aint.

There’s no minimum, there’s nothing stopping you having a break before doing any driving at all.

If by the question you really mean “What is the minimum driving time before you can have a break that will count towards your 45 minute break” then the answer is generally accepted to be any amount that will record as driving on your tacho (so 1 minute in the case of a digital). For example, there’s nowt stopping you doing:

drive 1min
break 15min
drive 4h29min
break 30min
drive 4h30min

HTH,
Paul

jeffp69:
Hi everyone,
Can someone tell me what the minimum driving time is before you can take a break?
Many Thanks

If you mean a driving break, then you could drive for 1 minute then have a 15 minute break and that would count as the first part of your 45 minute driving break.

SNAP - TWICE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to TruckNet jeffp69 :smiley:

1min i guess thats why they got rid of the breaks before where you drive for 1mins, take a 30min break, then drive for 4hrs 29mins take 15mins then drive another 4hrs 30mins. Espec when that 30min break at the start is really loading a truck up and doing paper work.

used to do that regular , put card in truck, drive up to trailer on bay[2/3 mins], then connect up and have 16 mins before we left meaning we only needed 30 mins at trailer change .
when your on job and finish youll do anything to get back early.

I quite often when being held up somewhere will, once I’ve had my 45min break, drive forwards a few yards and then back up to where I was and take another 15min to same me time later on in the day if I end up needing to do more than another 4.5h of driving. Perfectly legal, even if it isn’t really in the spirit of the rules.

Paul

same here mostly before i had my class 1.

doing class 2 multidrop got paid for 8 hours and some of the runs we could be finshed well before that.

typically used to put the tacho on break when doing a larger delivery so that would take up 15mins more or less. so we didnt have to stop take any breaks.

yeah i know naughty but to be honest, lifting heavy stuff if we actually stoped for a break felt ten times worse than before we started the break. lifting heavy stuff all day stoping for a break, you get too relaxed and feel like crap you wanna sleep.

plus getting finished before the rush hour started was a bonus as well 20mins to get home, take your 45mins then hiting rush hour traffic and suddenly its more like 1 hour to get home !

these days doing class 1’s and typically 12-15 hour shifts i take a one hour break break and take it in a proper area rather than on a loading bay.

ady1:
used to do that regular , put card in truck, drive up to trailer on bay[2/3 mins], then connect up and have 16 mins before we left meaning we only needed 30 mins at trailer change .

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: But 16 minutes is 16 minutes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Doesn’t make any difference where you take it, it’s still 16 minutes

If you didnt take the 16 mins on the Bay you would take 46 mins at trailer change, but as you got there 16 minutes earlier you would of still left at the same time to come back :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s nowt as Queer as Drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:

ady1:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: But 16 minutes is 16 minutes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Doesn’t make any difference where you take it, it’s still 16 minutes

If you didnt take the 16 mins on the Bay you would take 46 mins at trailer change, but as you got there 16 minutes earlier you would of still left at the same time to come back :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s nowt as Queer as Drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

were you doing paperwork or something during the 16 min break :question: :question: