Minimum driving time before a break?

whats the minimum amount of driving time before you can take your 15 minute break towards your 45 min break■■?

thanks

andy

i would say 0 minutes if you do other work
and need to have a bit of a break
also its pointless doing say 15 mins then stopping for a break

One minute.

hitch:
i would say 0 minutes if you do other work

Not for the tacho regs, would be okay for the WTD but for the Driver’s Hours rules breaks interrupt periods of driving so a break will not count toward the required 45 minutes until you have done some driving. With the digi tacho this means 1 minute.

hitch:
also its pointless doing say 15 mins then stopping for a break

Not always, it can be useful. If I am doing our German line haul run and heading back on a Saturday and want to get back ASAP I get up, couple of minutes other work for vehicle check, drive round to the trailer on the bay which records 2 - 3 minutes driving time then 5 minutes other work while I couple up and check the trailer. About 10 minutes total work and driving done and I take a 15 minute break while waiting for the green light. That means I only need 30 minutes on the way to the train and get get home a little quicker and can be the difference in getting home for kick-off or missing it so for me in that situation it is anything but pointless.

thats the exact reason for me…to save time…by the time i pik my trailer up done my checks and drove to be loaded which is about 15 min drive i can usually get 15 min break before going in to be loaded…that leaves me with a 30 min break when i get to my destination which is 3 hrs drive away…once tipped and reloaded i take 30 mins.the whole journey home is 3hr drive,tip then 50 mins runnin back in empty.