Minimerc moves on

Hi guys,
i been away for a month or so, struggling with a sick P.C, that kept resetting itself back to new for some unknown reason!

since i was last here, just sfter passing my class two, i have progressed and changed companies. Friday last , i tugged my final Ceramic tile delivery round the M25, and hung up my Driving gloves, switched off the CB, and locked up Minimerc for the last time.

Monday i start a new job, as a Operations Manager for a truck rental group in Edmonton, North London, and taking my place behind a desk, and getting to grips with my new role, controlling the trailers, units, and rigids under my control, and getting them into use with some very high profile companies.

so my trusty link with the ol Mercedes atego’s spanning back thru the last 6 or so years, now changes to a fleet of Volvo FH12 Globetrotters, Scania’s, Daf XF’s, actros’s and axors and a range of trailers from fridges, boxes, step frames, transporters, skeletels, curtains with or without tailifts etc etc etc…

I will still pop in and keep up to date with the Transport world of the driver, on Britains premier Trucking site,

keep on trucking guys

You ain’t got t’in your blood lad :exclamation: :laughing:

I know the oposition near the HGV test centre Enfield well Minimerc.
Watch the customers & good luck.

Hope you don’t regret it. I left the driving game a few years ago. Lasted 3 years of enviously eyeballing every wagon I passed before I traded in my office chair for the air-cushioned one behind the wheel. I missed it big time. Just think of all teh wagons in your yard you won’t get time to drive. :frowning:

Good luck though. Hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

Good Luck with the new job Lostpup… Hope it all goes well for ya buddy… :sunglasses:

AndyM:
Good Luck with the new job Lostpup… Hope it all goes well for ya buddy… :sunglasses:

It’s not me who has the new job, it’s Minimerc :unamused: :wink:

:laughing: Class. :smiley:

AndyM:
Good Luck with the new job Lostpup… Hope it all goes well for ya buddy…

Lostpup:
It’s not me who has the new job, it’s Minimerc…

LOL !!!

Lostpup:

AndyM:

It’s not me who has the new job, it’s Minimerc :unamused: :wink:

Ummmmm… :unamused: Errrrrrrr… :confused: Opps… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

LOL, Oh dear… dropped a clanger there… Sorry Minimerc and Lostpup…

Okay, lets start again, shall we■■?..

Good Luck with the new job Minimerc… Hope it all goes well for ya buddy… :wink: :wink:

I think this thread has lost the plot a bit.
Didnt Minime take up a job in truck rental a month ago after doing his HGV

Im confused :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck Mate, some years ago i went off the road to go in the traffic office, I loved every minute of it and only came back on the raod because of remarks and non-co operation from drivers who didn’t like one of their own in charge, this I couldn’t understand because I looked after all of them and they had a far easier life. I knew what they were capable of unlike the previous managers. :sunglasses:

ok i admit… hands up…

as i wandered around the showground on Monday, i stumbled accross a rather impressive looking Volvo on the stand… the green bonneted one… with a absolute enormous two bedroom flat attached to the back of the cab!! (i think it was a NV something??) i did kinda get the feeling i have made the wrong choice!!
thankfully i read in the programme it is available to the US only…
i did beg the missus to buy me one for my next birthday, but i think it fell on deaf ears!!

oh well… any one know where i can get a poster of it for my office wall ■■

I had the same experience Pat. I was trying to help my ex workmates but some of them turned it against me. Especially one who got sacked when he nicked 600 litres of fuel while I watched him.

There are two sides to the management fence and you are not allowed to cross it, even socially.