Minibus Info.

Would someone please confirm this…

Job requirement:
Possess a clean driving licence which entitles you to drive a minibus up to 17 seat capacity

D1:
Passenger vehicles with 9 - 16 seats

Presumably the 17 seat CAPACITY includes the driver,

Thanks.
global

If it does, you need a D1 without the restriction ‘not for hire or reward’, if it doesn’t you need a D.

It’s 16 Passenger seats. So 17 in all :wink:

direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg … 011275.pdf

Thanks to both responders.
I don’t believe it is for hire or reward.
Is the drivers CPC still a requirement in this case?
global.

global:
Would someone please confirm this…

Job requirement:
Possess a clean driving licence which entitles you to drive a minibus up to 17 seat capacity

D1:
Passenger vehicles with 9 - 16 seats

Presumably the 17 seat CAPACITY includes the driver,

Thanks.
global

16 passenger seats + 1 driver seat = 17 seats = D1

In most cases a D1 without the 101 code will be required = PCV test passed (not just pre 1997 category) but there are some Minibus jobs that the D1 with 101 can be used - adverts usually state PCV D1 which means no 101 code

PCV DCPC required for commercial PCV driving

Could you tell us the nature of the job ?

Hi rog,
I have codes 101 + 119 and passed driving test 1974.

Job one…Essential requirements: Full valid driving licence with the ability to drive minibus up to 17 seat capacity.
I’m not exactly sure what the mini bus will be used for but if I was to guess it will be driving students, perhaps staff.

Job two…Requirements: Must have a full clean driving licence. Duties include driving the bus as required.
I’m not exactly sure again what the mini bus will be used for but if I was to guess it will be a hotel shuttle bus for staff, perhaps guests.

global.

A 101 code relates to the wearing of spectacles/contacts. But to be fair I think peering myopically through a filth encrusted windscreen seems to be a prerequisite for most mini bus drivers I’ve ever encountered.

the maoster:
A 101 code relates to the wearing of spectacles/contacts. But to be fair I think peering myopically through a filth encrusted windscreen seems to be a prerequisite for most mini bus drivers I’ve ever encountered.

CODE 01 is the eye one not 101

global:
Hi rog,
I have codes 101 + 119 and passed driving test 1974.

Job one…Essential requirements: Full valid driving licence with the ability to drive minibus up to 17 seat capacity.
I’m not exactly sure what the mini bus will be used for but if I was to guess it will be driving students, perhaps staff.

Job two…Requirements: Must have a full clean driving licence. Duties include driving the bus as required.
I’m not exactly sure again what the mini bus will be used for but if I was to guess it will be a hotel shuttle bus for staff, perhaps guests.

global.

A vehicle which is operated for hire or reward is one where the passengers pay a fare to use the vehicle or a contribution is
made towards the running costs of using the vehicle.
You have to ask if the passengers pay or contribute in any way - if they do not then D1 with 101 is ok

gov.uk/driving-licence-codes

Take a look at the above link for licence codes.

Code 01 is for eyesight correction, 101 is not for hire or reward…

ROG:

the maoster:

CODE 01 is the eye one not 101

Looks like a 101 on mine. Now where’s them damned glasses? :smiley:

When I drove the mini coach in Ireland…I was caught out by this when I changed my UK licence for an Irish one. I had been driving for hire and reward for years, and never noticed the code. So I had to take the test for the bus in the end.