mini ovens,

And there’s me thinking this was about the heir to the Mortimers empire…

tonyb70:

skids:
I have the bigger one with the curved top. It’s 24 volt 300 watts and I have it on a hella plug. I have had no problem with it and it will heat up a pie or ready meal in 15-20 mins. Got it for £15 ish from BP at Northampton services M1 J15A

does the plug get hot,i wouldnt want to burn the fuse box out,

The plug does get warm but not hot. It has a hella plug on it, the scania 24 volt is rated at 360 watts so it shoud not burn the fusebox out. I use a 24 volt kettle as well which is 250 watts I think, its the blue all ride one that has a holder that you screw down.

schrodingers cat:

beanie:
Don’t bother! I had one that drew 12 amps through a 15 amp socket and the plugs melted, blew fuses and completely frazzled the socket. Even had an Anderson lead made up at Lymm to connect it direct to the batteries.
I’ve given up with it now so it’s in the shed.

So what happened when you connected it to the Anderson? That will supply enough amps to start a truck so I would assume it cooked a nice pie? :unamused:
Your 15amp socket was either corroded or dirty so that would cause heat across the connection and cause it to melt, but the Anderson is designed to take massive current under nearly any circumstance.

It worked ok connected to the Anderson lead but can’t be bothered cab cooking anymore and didn’t want to risk any further electrical damage.

I’ve one that connects to my 3pin socket via the coffee machine circuit on a Volvo FH.

Stresshead:
I’ve one that connects to my 3pin socket via the coffee machine circuit on a Volvo FH.

is that lead hidden away somewhere.i have the 3 lockers on the back of the cab.i have seen a maritime volvo with the microwave in the middle and the fridge in the end one.but my fridge is the pull out from under the bottom bunk

tonyb70:

Stresshead:

is that lead hidden away somewhere.i have the 3 lockers on the back of the cab.i have seen a maritime volvo with the microwave in the middle and the fridge in the end one.but my fridge is the pull out from under the bottom bunk

Take the n/s dash off and you’ll find a red and white wire attached to a small white 2pin plug. Knock off the deadman switch and connect a small 3pin socket or 2pin Flymo socket and then buy some plugs to fit to your stuff.

I always had a two ring gas cooker,and was able to cater quite well when the need arose. but what are the legalities of having one of those in the cab these days?
But gas cooking takes me back to some wonderful recipes from my Italian trips, when a few nationalities were parked up for the weekend and everything went in the pot…Camion stew…luvverly:)

Twoninety88:
I always had a two ring gas cooker,and was able to cater quite well when the need arose. but what are the legalities of having one of those in the cab these days?

Legal, although prohibited by a lot of companies.

Twoninety88:
But gas cooking takes me back to some wonderful recipes from my Italian trips, when a few nationalities were parked up for the weekend and everything went in the pot…Camion stew…luvverly:)

Agreed! :smiley: