Mini bus driver pleads guilty

well,well,well what a surprise !

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-29406932

Why is it a surprise? There’s still been no details about what exactly happened and as the lorry driver still awaits trial he can still be as guilty as the bus driver.
I think I’ll wait till all is out in the open before forming an opinion.

I was being sarcastic because when his accident happened the media started pointing the fingers at the truck driver.

That driver looks utterly distraught to me.We could all find ourselves in his shoes.If there were 21 passengers then it was not a mini-bus ,how many other inaccuracies are going to be published about this tragedy.

He MAY have been advised to plead guilty to reduce his sentence when he gets committed. He may have only been partly to blame but who knows?

Only those involved really know and everyone else is just taking an ‘educated?’ guess.

There has to be blame to appease those that need closure.

Sad for those involved though and particularly the girl that died and those still suffering.

If the drivers of the vehicles involved are truly guilty then they WILL live with that for evermore.

They have to live with it - guilty or not. You always wonder if there was something you could have done…

m1cks:
Why is it a surprise? There’s still been no details about what exactly happened and as the lorry driver still awaits trial he can still be as guilty as the bus driver.

Don’t understand this now …how many people can get charged with causing the accident if they have found the bus driver guilty end of…

cliffystephens:

m1cks:

Don’t understand this now …how many people can get charged with causing the accident if they have found the bus driver guilty end of…

Because more than one person may have made a contribution towards whatever caused the accident.
Example: driver A is texting and driver B crosses onto the wrong side of road. Both have caused the accident by careless driving.

bit unusual surely … :question:

[/quote]
[/quote]
You do realize, this could be brought up if you apply to join TN CSI :wink:

cliffystephens:

m1cks:

He hasn’t been charged with causing the crash - he’s been charged with (and convicted for) Causing Death by Dangerous Driving. i.e. That he drove dangerously and that as a result someone died. The old mantra of “It takes two to tango” applies to quite a few vehicle collisions, and in such cases several drivers may share responsibility. Some of them might be charged, and some, all or none of them might be convicted. The Criminal Court is not involved in apportioning blame or responsibility (although the verdict(s) will normally play a big part in any civil proceedings).

D’ya not?:

cliffystephens:

He’d be rejected at the first stage of application.

Contraflow:

D’ya not?:

cliffystephens:

He’d be rejected at the first stage of application.

He just isn’t that good!!! :wink:

very sad altogether…but my mind is made up simples…

m1cks:

^ This.As soon as they were both charged they’ve obviously had blame apportioned to both.Maybe there’s been no details because the law don’t want anyone to be influenced outside the court.At a guess it seems like the minibus might have possibly been rolled for whatever reason then the truck possibly ran into the disabled bus sitting in the carriageway.In which case the usual rule applies you have to be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear ahead.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-29602735.

Jamieg:
M62 hen party crash lorry driver was on 'cruise control' - BBC News.

Cant read this …what was the outcome in court …do we know.

m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-29602735

5.5 MPH In lane 1,why didn’t he pull over on to the hard shoulder ■■?

Just as well have been stationary…