Mini bus CPC

I am driving for a market gardener who has a 13 seat mini bus to move staff to different sites to work, he has about 30 staff about half live on site and they also get taken into town twice a week to do shopping will he need to do the CPC

As long as he’s not charging them for the shopping trips then its not Hire/Reward so I don’t think so.
There was a thread on minibus CPC a few days ago if you do a search.

mac12:
I am driving for a market gardener who has a 13 seat mini bus to move staff to different sites to work, he has about 30 staff about half live on site and they also get taken into town twice a week to do shopping will he need to do the CPC

A driver doing that sort of work will need dcpc and a full PCV D1 licence - not just a pre 1997 D1

I cannot see that sort of a job being exempt even if the staff are not paying directly for using the minibus as I reckon it would be deemed as part of the business which if not there would mean the work could not be done

ROG:

mac12:

A driver doing that sort of work will need dcpc and a full PCV D1 licence - not just a pre 1997 D1

I cannot see that sort of a job being exempt even if the staff are not paying directly for using the minibus as I reckon it would be deemed as part of the business which if not there would mean the work could not be done

Rog, would it make a difference if he was employed primarily for the driving or the driving is just something that accompanies his main job (for example; fruit picker)

They don’t pay when going between jobs but the ones that live on site pay for accommodation which includes transport to the shops so they are paying. Has far as I know the driver only has a car licence and had never heard of the CPC until today.

mac12:
They don’t pay when going between jobs but the ones that live on site pay for accommodation which includes transport to the shops so they are paying. Has far as I know the driver only has a car licence and had never heard of the CPC until today.

I would say that needs a full D1 PCV licence

m1cks:
Rog, would it make a difference if he was employed primarily for the driving or the driving is just something that accompanies his main job (for example; fruit picker)

No difference IMO