Mini Artic

I’m sure if you’ve got C1+E 107 code, it means the laden weight of trailer can not weigh more than the un-laden weight of the unit pulling it.

I know that to be the case for B if you don’t have +E.

If that were the case - and I would be interested to see a source for that - then yes, mini artics would fall foul.

Saaamon:
I’m sure if you’ve got C1+E 107 code, it means the laden weight of trailer can not weigh more than the un-laden weight of the unit pulling it.

I think that is correct for towing using a W&D type set up but would be different for articulated
Probably worth a call to DVLA for that one

Test passed before Jan 1 1997 > max mass 8250 Kg incl artics.

" " after " " " > with extra test taken !! Max mass 12000Kg incl artics.

( also if pre 1997 person takes extra test to deristrict !)

Had an E-Mail confirming this via Commercial Motor some time ago.

The Ministry/DVLA weight restrictions/combination mass numbers are very confusing because they ‘forgot’ mini artics were legal in the class when they produced the documentation !
But they 100% are ! Search Sterling Council court case ! Police lost !

RM Trailers have built and could produce a mini artic boat transporter I would say.

Vipex used to build boats many years ago and are very very good with mini artics.

Several firms in Holland / Belgium make them ( Search B+E Oppleger)

Isuzu Truck sell ‘Factory’ Mini Artics ( Call Head Office and ask for Bob Morris or Martin Bragg)

Don’t belive any one who says 8750 Kg is legal via a loophole , its not,even though one manufacturer thinks it is !!!

European legislation is NOT the same as U.K. rules for this type of unit ,weights etc vary quite a lot ,so be carefull !!

Hope this helps ! Been involved with mini artics for many years !!!

You and the lad both do your C+E and then get a superannuated dray wagon and get the trailer converted. Most of the breweries are upgrading their fleets for LEZ compliant ones. Was talking to a Carlsberg driver in London last week and his 04 plate FL was going to be replaced with a brand new one and shipped out of London to replace some other depots older vehicles which were going for disposal. Likewise Tradeteam are getting rid of a lot of their older stuff.

Several companies use them still to move boats. Some using an Iveco Daily crew cab converted to a sleeper and some a Merc or VW.

Google Boat Transporters and look at there websites :sunglasses:

What ever happened with this?