Millwall --v---QPR tonight

Anyone going to this match tonight ? Now no booing Lads as it is not P.C. or Woke :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Bewick.

Football :unamused: Iā€™ve seen undesirable pubs advertising such things on large screens :unamused:

Not bothered about the game as I donā€™t support either, but did watch the beginning before kick-off on Sky
just to see what was going to happen

No booing from the crowd, but what did surprise me was that

There was no linking of arms by the players of both sides as a show of solidarity. as had been reported would happen,

Must point out that QPR havenā€™t been taking the knee for a few matches now.

some players took the knee as soon as the referee took his (SHEEP)

some players were standing, (probably not sure what they should do)

and of course there were a few standing, raised arm with the clenched fist.

Message to the over paid diva sportsmen and women
Lets get back to the norm eh. Youā€™ve made your point!!!

Les Ferdinand the ex Newcastle Utd and England great who is now chairman of QPR, (and to anybody who does not know of him is a black guy) has said that in his opinion it should be stopped now, if only for the reason that it has been ā€˜dilutedā€™ by making it a political point rather than a racism in football point.

robroy:
Les Ferdinand the ex Newcastle Utd and England great who is now chairman of QPR, (and to anybody who does not know of him is a black guy) has said that in his opinion it should be stopped now, if only for the reason that it has been ā€˜dilutedā€™ by making it a political point rather than a racism in football point.

Exactly Rob, thatā€™s why the QPR players havenā€™t been doing the knee thing for several matches

pierrot 14:
and of course there were a few standing, raised arm with the clenched fist.

The usual mark of Bolshevism bonus points while singing the Internationale. :unamused:

I like the way Sky Sports got it totally wrong in their report about the clapping Millwall fans, before the game.

They said that it was good to see that the Millwall fans were respecting and applauding
the ā€œtaking of the kneeā€ by the QPR players. :unamused: :unamused:

They werenā€™t, they were actually applauding their players for standing up :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:
I like the way Sky Sports got it totally wrong in their report about the clapping Millwall fans, before the game.

They said that it was good to see that the Millwall fans were respecting and applauding
the ā€œtaking of the kneeā€ by the QPR players. :unamused: :unamused:

They werenā€™t, they were actually applauding their players for standing up :laughing: :laughing:

They know that mate, trust me.
Itā€™s all about the left wing agenda on any ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing these days in this country.
The minority knowing exactly where the rest of us are coming from, but ignoring it, and telling us what we SHOULD be thinking.

Another nail in the coffin for civil rights and free speech the other night,ā€¦
A Norwich City fan was kicked out of the ground the other night for booing when players ā€˜took the kneeā€™ (I hate that stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  phrase btw :unamused: ) before the game against Notts Forestā€¦
Since when did booing at a football game merit that exactly? :open_mouth:

So when things get back to normal are they going to eject thousands of fans at a time?

The guy should get a bloody good solicitor and take the club and the Police to court over it, heā€™s done nothing wrong.
ā– ā– ā– ā–  disgraceful. :imp:

Iā€™m not a footballist so my views may be a bit naive here but surely the fans have the power here? By that I mean that if they disagree so strongly with players engaging in the frankly embarrassing sport of taking the knee then they should simply not buy tickets to attend, or pay to watch on tv?

Football clubs may revel in virtue signalling but at the end of the day they are businesses and if they find their revenue stream suddenly cut off they will change their minds. The players too when finding their wage slip reflecting lots of zeros at the beginning of the bottom line as opposed to the end may just focus their minds too!

Clubs have been bleating about lack of revenue since the onset of the plague and the banning of spectators, so surely there has never been a better time to stick the knife in?

the maoster:
Iā€™m not a footballist so my views may be a bit naive here but surely the fans have the power here? By that I mean that if they disagree so strongly with players engaging in the frankly embarrassing sport of taking the knee then they should simply not buy tickets to attend, or pay to watch on tv?

Football clubs may revel in virtue signalling but at the end of the day they are businesses and if they find their revenue stream suddenly cut off they will change their minds. The players too when finding their wage slip reflecting lots of zeros at the beginning of the bottom line as opposed to the end may just focus their minds too!

Clubs have been bleating about lack of revenue since the onset of the plague and the banning of spectators, so surely there has never been a better time to stick the knife in?

It doesnā€™t work that way Maost from a fanā€™s point of viewā€¦(still canā€™t believe youā€™re a born Geordie and you donā€™t like football mate. :open_mouth: :smiley: )

If I stopped watching my team every time something was done to ā– ā– ā– ā–  the fans off, Iā€™d have stopped watching them 20 years ago.
Itā€™s the love of the game and the more so love of our club we watch it for, all this stuff has the far end of f.all to do with football, itā€™s an annoyance and a distraction rather than a reason to boycott your team, itā€™s what being a loyal and passionate fan is all about, it ainā€™t about money spent, itā€™s cost me thousands over the years, and I donā€™t mind that, tickets, bets, tv subscriptions,.and merchandise, so I ainā€™t letting a political movement or gesture put me off the actual sport.

the maoster:

or perhaps if all the fans who are sick of this nonsense should all point at the players and laugh out loud when they sink on one knee :laughing: that canā€™t be racist surely?

robroy:

the maoster:

It doesnā€™t work that way Maost from a fanā€™s point of viewā€¦(still canā€™t believe youā€™re a born Geordie and you donā€™t like football mate. :open_mouth: :smiley: )

If I stopped watching my team every time something was done to ā– ā– ā– ā–  the fans off, Iā€™d have stopped watching them 20 years ago.
Itā€™s the love of the game and the more so love of our club we watch it for, all this stuff has the far end of f.all to do with football, itā€™s an annoyance and a distraction rather than a reason to boycott your team, itā€™s what being a loyal and passionate fan is all about, it ainā€™t about money spent, itā€™s cost me thousands over the years, and I donā€™t mind that, tickets, bets, tv subscriptions,.and merchandise, so I ainā€™t letting a political movement or gesture put me off the actual sport.

Totally understand where youā€™re coming from mate, but I do still believe in short term pain resulting in long term gain. I love watching F1 but Iā€™ve cancelled my subscription until this latest fad has passed. Yeah ok, my Ā£x a month isnā€™t gonna bring a change by itself but if enough others do the same then pressure will be brought. All these popular sports have gone waaaay beyond merely sport for the joy of it and are now primarily businesses.