milk tankers

Hi guys for the above. Am i right in thinking guys you dont need a any kind of certifcate for milk tankers?? ADR for flammables just? Just somthing ive been thinking about. Cheers guys :smiley:

No, don’t think so bud, the company you work for just train you up on how to use the tanker, operations and food hygenie etc.

Thanks keith. Apprecated mate. Wasnt toosure there

I work on milk tankers. Although milk is classed as a poison because if it enters the water course it will poison fish etc. No adr or special training.
I do trailer swaps so all the hard work is done for me. Just turn up, swap for an empty and return to the dairy.
Hope that helps

Watch out with the vent tap positions.The wrong way,the tanker is written off by implouding or sucking inwards.The air pressure from the vacumn crushes it.
After tipping,it gets CIP’ed with cold/hot water and chemical treatment.
There is a plastic tube on the trailer which stores the cleaning log and record book.
If on bulk farm collections,milk samples are taken from the farm tank to check for water added to make a false profit.
Or for antibiotics when cows udders get Mastitus.
Teat infection.
If going to Hatfield London.The bays are tight and assistance is needed to reverse in.

Thanks alot bikemadmark. Always wanted to do tankers or tippers. But its somebody giving you that chance. Wasnt sure whether or not had to have some sort of training or not. Thanks mate :smiley: