Milk Tanker work

Anyone have any comments on what this sort of work is like? Collecting milk from farms. Based out of Arla in Leeds.

Decent pay? Hard work? ■■■■■■■■ farms? :slight_smile:

I did farm collection for arla for 9 years until they shut Manchester and shifted all the work to Leeds on that point id like to say they shot them selves in the foot as ever since they’ve been unable to get drivers. They even gave the store delivery work away to morons as they couldn’t get drivers to do the shifts
On farm collection it’s a 365 days a year job so if your rostered in on Christmas Day it’s part of your shift and you’ll get payed no extra the same goes for all the bank holidays and weekends
If you like dealing with moaning farmers and getting home sinking of cow ■■■ it’s the job for you

A Friend of mine did the milk for years,he loved it.The draw back is its a 365 days a year roster rain or shine 8 hrs or 20 hrs cows have to be milked ,Xmas time and Bank Holidays working

A friend of mine does it for Arla in Wiltshire (a job I noticed on here and told him about) he absolutely loves it.
Yes, xmas and bank hols are all part of it if they fall on your rota, but I think you need to be a certain type of driver to really enjoy that sort of work. not for me though.

Thanks for replies…think Ill swerve it!!

You’ve got to enjoy navigating down narrow lanes, chatting with farmers, doing the samples/paperwork/hygiene, and not mind dogs, cows, farmyard smells, slurry etc.

Some people love the ‘social’ aspect of it. If you like farming, it’s a great job.

Other drivers hate it.

But it is 24/365 on domestic hours.