Milk farm collections west wales

Been arsked to return for a second interview with wincantons for a milk tanker driver, farm collections job looks promising
rate of pay aint to bad for area 5 on 3 0ff days or nights any info what the jobs like wages etc hrs done tanker work
mainly gases chemicals seems a good number by what the guy said also any tips thanks :smiley: :slight_smile:

take wellies :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good firm to work for so I,ve heard,nothing to lose go on give it a go.

shuttlespanker:
take wellies :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What he said! :grimacing:

Never done milk, but in my job I do come across quite a few of the drivers and from all accounts it ain’t a bad job. Most of the farmers will make life easy for you; I’d advise you NOT to turn up early cos the chances are the stuff’ll still be in the cows and they won’t like you hanging around.

If you haven’t got OS maps then I’d advise you to invest in some; sat-nav is useless because the milking parlour could well be a distance from the farm address, and quite often via a different access.

You’ll encounter dogs at most farms; most of them are fine but a useful tip is to keep a few treats handy in the cab, just in case you need to divert one’s attention from your trouser leg! :smiley:

Further to that; DON’T throw sticks for them or you’ll get no peace! :grimacing:

And as you’re local to the job you’ll already know this, but if you go up Cardigan way, always accept a cuppa if you get offered one; turn it down and you’ll never be offered again! :wink:

Yeah I did it years ago for the Co-oP good job, plenty of mud, water and cow ■■■■, don’t ■■■■ the farmer off he can make your life hard, if you get on with them plenty of perks like cups of tea, bag of spuds, the odd chicken. I had one run for two years where I got a fry up while I had my 45 every day. In those days we went with the driver that did the run for a week before taking the run over, I think if you had to go out and find it you would struggle for a couple of days.

It has always been one of those jobs I promised myself, move up to the Yorkshire dales amongst proper farms and folks to drive a tanker on milk or fuel deliveries. As a kid I used to do a sheep round collecting dead animals from the farms with an A Series Ford.

Sadly my finances are not quite where I wanted them to be, but just spent a week over Christmas on a farm with some rescue animals, we had a micro pig, a baby donkey, goats, sheep and horses.

Expect to work a good few bank holidays as cows milk every day (including xmas day). Doesnt bother some people but if youve got kids and want to spend xmas morning with them thenâ– â– ?

Remember, always think of the children :wink:

Wheel Nut:
over Christmas on a farm with some rescue animals, we had a micro pig, a baby donkey, goats, sheep and horses.

Greedy sod! We just had a turkey! :grimacing: