Miles per week

I was just interested in what the average mileage that we all do, and what is more knackering long distance or local work. When I was doing proper tramping I was averaging around 1700 miles a week I got home most weekends and felt as fresh as a daisy. However I now do around 500 miles a week all local deliveries and constantly feel as if my head is about to drop off!! What about you guys, is this the norm or is it me getting old??

I average between 1500-2000 miles a week, if i start the week with 3 big days i am wrecked by Thursday night, but if the work is spread through the week find it a lot less tiring. Our big days are Goole-Swindon-slough-Goole. I done that Wednesday and Thursday this week, but had a local day today.

I can’t comment on long distance as the furthest I’ve done is Cardiff to Tamworth and back lol, Never done a night out.

Doing local palletised multi-drop atm and by Thursday/Friday I’m feeling ■■■■■■.

I’m lucky if i do more than 250 miles per week. On local pallet network deliveries. I cover the same area all the time so i don’t have the stress of getting lost or worrying about things like planning a route around low bridges. Means it doesn’t tire me out that much at all. Suppose i’m in a wee comfort zone. Take me out of it and things might be different though.

i do 1000 to 2000 mile a week depending on wether it’s local or distance all day work, definatly more tired when doing local work or hanging around the mill for hours waiting to get loaded.

give me the long european jobs any day, sooner do a week away than a day in uk, too stressy, driving should be relaxing interspersed with good food and clean rest areas not the absolute disgracefull places your charged the earth for in the uk.

ok …when im at work(off now for winter as quarries shut).
I do day work aprox 4500km a wk.
3loads a day mon-friday.
jimmy

It wasn’t the distance that used to leave me knackered, rather doing the same run all the time.

Conor:
It wasn’t the distance that used to leave me knackered, rather doing the same run all the time.

o yeah i really know that feeling…you end up hoping for something to happen…same time same place… gearchanges at same places, meeting same trucks same time…omg only 13yrs to go on this run…
:unamused: :unamused: jimmy

Aim for 3000kms every 4 days,that’s nice :wink: ,if that doesn’t happen oh well there’s always next week.

MysonVinnie:
I was just interested in what the average mileage that we all do, and what is more knackering long distance or local work. When I was doing proper tramping I was averaging around 1700 miles a week I got home most weekends and felt as fresh as a daisy. However I now do around 500 miles a week all local deliveries and constantly feel as if my head is about to drop off!! What about you guys, is this the norm or is it me getting old??

Recent thread on the same subject so the answers may be of interest to you.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80832

I find it’s the start times that knacker me, If I have to start before 5-6am, i’m constantly shagged where as start at 7am everyday say and I can do the 15’s and the 13’s all week with max driving and be sound as a pound, I prefer to drive in to the evening than be faffing about at 3-4am in the morning, I know some blokes prefer it the other way round, horses for courses I suppose.

Silver_Surfer:
I find it’s the start times that knacker me, If I have to start before 5-6am, i’m constantly shagged where as start at 7am everyday say and I can do the 15’s and the 13’s all week with max driving and be sound as a pound, I prefer to drive in to the evening than be faffing about at 3-4am in the morning, I know some blokes prefer it the other way round, horses for courses I suppose.

For me, it was starting before dawn/ finishing after dawn that was the problem. I could start in the wee hours and be as right as rain until it started to get light and then I’d feel absolutely knackered for about 1/2hr until it got proper light and then I was OK. Eventually I just used to park up for that half hour, taking 15 mins as a break.

In does Days we have Digital tachos :frowning:

Just over 15000 mile covered last month, but I`d take the distance work over local any day, much more relaxing i find :smiley:

According to the dash computer I have done 5171 miles this trip, I left last Saturday, only another couple of thousand more to do and I’ll be home again, so that probably puts me in the long distance category :wink:

newmercman:
According to the dash computer I have done 5171 miles this trip, I left last Saturday, only another couple of thousand more to do and I’ll be home again, so that probably puts me in the long distance category :wink:

saturday was Yesterday

youtube.com/watch?v=BLeNby4O … re=related

Immigrant:

newmercman:

saturday was Yesterday

No it’s still Saturday where I am and I said last Saturday, If it’s Sunday where you are now then yesterday is just Saturday, last Saturday is still the same one I’m talking about, it’s not too difficult to understand is it :question: :laughing: