Might be a silly question

I’m a newly qualified class 2 driver and have found employment as a multi-drop driver but I was wondering how common class 2 jobs are that don’t involve multi-drop as all the vacancies I see seem to involve it.

Angloman:
I’m a newly qualified class 2 driver and have found employment as a multi-drop driver but I was wondering how common class 2 jobs are that don’t involve multi-drop as all the vacancies I see seem to involve it.

By the look/sound of it you are right, it is quite rare. You might drop on lucky but your main one hit drops and trunking seems to be class 1.

Such jobs are out there - but the vast majority of Class 2 stuff is multi-drop to some extent. Sometimes it’s only 2 or 3 drops though, which is only a little bit “multi” :slight_smile:

As rare as hens teeth but they are out there. I’m on a 7.5t job where I deliver all sorts of random stuff all over the country. They do have a place for a permant driver which I may take up. I’ll ask when I go in tomorrow.

Tippers

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What Pete said, that’s what I’m on tippers.

Might be a minority here but once done CPC next week I’m all for looking at multi drop, something I’d prefer doing rather than a run A to B.

And yes - reality might change my mind but at mo I want multi drop work

your right there…reality might just change your mind when you have 50 drops,in and out the cab in the rain and bad weather constantly,making sure you don’t get anything nicked when your delivering…coming home with your left leg hanging off you cos your on the clutch in traffic all day,having to deal with 50 goods in who most likely will look at you as something that escaped from belsen,not forgetting even if your on a tracker,theres all the traffic clerks constantly calling you wanting to know ,how long will you be,and just as your day nears conclusion and you’ve got most of your drops off,the phone will ring,and , heres your pickups,from somewhere you were an hour ago in the wrong direction to home…or…do a trunk,changeover,be lonely and bored in the cab with the heater on,looking at the weather through the windscreen. :smiley:

dcgpx:
Might be a minority here but once done CPC next week I’m all for looking at multi drop, something I’d prefer doing rather than a run A to B.

And yes - reality might change my mind but at mo I want multi drop work

After less than two weeks reality has changed my mind for the reasons ‘diesaldog’ gives! I’m on fruit/veg/dairy deliveries It’s bloody hard work. When it’s pouring down outside, last thing I want to be doing is carrying 100 bottles of milk and 40 bags of spuds up three flights of stairs. I’m going to do my class 1 pronto and get a point-to-point job. Give me Dover to Carlise anyday rather than 25 drops in a city centre.

Tipping sounds interesting. I’ll look into that.

I’ll still give multi drop a good go, for some sad reason I like the idea of having to plan, replan and get A-B-C …Z done. But thanks for heads up. If a nice trunk comes up I’ll take it though need to get CE sorted which as having just Cat C I’m interested in multi at moment

Multi drop can be anything from 4-5 drops a day up to 50-60 depending on who your working for. They are advertised as drivers jobs but driving is only a very small part of it. If you enjoy the banter with customers , like hard work, enjoy being home every day, watching your own TV and sleeping in your own bed you could enjoy multi drop.
Try P&H if they are in your area. Not bad money and cage work.

I do one hit jobs European wide. :wink:

I normally do 7-8 but that can be over 2 or even 3 days as I go all over the country.

dieseldog999:
your right there…reality might just change your mind when you have 50 drops,in and out the cab in the rain and bad weather constantly,making sure you don’t get anything nicked when your delivering…coming home with your left leg hanging off you cos your on the clutch in traffic all day,having to deal with 50 goods in who most likely will look at you as something that escaped from belsen,not forgetting even if your on a tracker,theres all the traffic clerks constantly calling you wanting to know ,how long will you be,and just as your day nears conclusion and you’ve got most of your drops off,the phone will ring,and , heres your pickups,from somewhere you were an hour ago in the wrong direction to home…or…do a trunk,changeover,be lonely and bored in the cab with the heater on,looking at the weather through the windscreen. :smiley:

■■■■ fella, I nearly teared up at the memories, but at least we took something away from this experience, a bad back :laughing:

I’d sooner flail myself with barbed wire naked in the middle of Times Square than do multi-drop again… :imp:

bigvern1:
I do one hit jobs European wide. :wink:

any jobs going :slight_smile:

Mine at Christmas. I’m retiring. :wink:

bigvern1:

At such a young age, ahh the big bucks of European driving

Marcelleke:
Try P&H if they are in your area. Not bad money and cage work.

Defo give these a shot if you can. I did about a month on them. Great Money but you have to work long hours for it. Dunno about other depots but I know that the Agency drivers in Heydock go out with a 2nd man.

Most drops I ever had was 15. But sometimes that can go down to 8 or 9 if they are “double drops”

I’ll see if any near me , in Bradford but don’t mind a commute up to about m62/m1 corridor

Marcelleke:

bigvern1:

At such a young age, ahh the big bucks of European driving

Nah, just retiring from Euro van cack. :sunglasses: