Midlift Tyres

Needing a new set of midlift tyres, anyone any good suggestions.

My last set where Kumhos which have last nearly 5yrs on bulk tipper work, but the pattern is now discontinued

They where 315 70’s i was thinking dropping my steer super singles on midlift and putting new tyres on steer and always having a spare on my midlift

Thanks in advance for positive thoughts

sounds a good way to go to me.
5 years out of kumos obviously axle not down that much. if you get your hands on a cheap tyre it will fit four places rather than two.

busy fool:
sounds a good way to go to me.
5 years out of kumos obviously axle not down that much. if you get your hands on a cheap tyre it will fit four places rather than two.

Axle was down a lot as always at 44t just a pity that line is now discontinued, being a steer axle helped a lot but still a cracking tyre

Use a trailer tyre, I personally favour Michelin or Bridgestone, but any trailer tyre is the way to go, they’re designed for the scrubbing that a trailer or midlift has to endure, so you should see good tyre life and some trailer tyres have very low rolling resistance :wink:

We use re-cuts first, (mid-lift axle tends not to be down very much), Taurus ‘U’ pattern second or any cheapo universal/steer pattern third.

Finally given up on re-cuts on tag-axle position on units - sometimes they wore ok, but more often were prone to tread damage, so have given it up as a bad job.