Midland Quarry Products/Cliffe Hill Granite Co

Hi Guy and Girls

After looking at the Tarmac Hoveringham thread I was wondering if anyone had any archive pictures of any of the old Cliffe Hill fleet.

I would be really interested to see any pictures you have as we at MQP are trying to put together an archive ourselves, so if you have any picture you dont mind sharing and that we could use I would be very interested in seeing them.

Here’s one from Old Cliffe Hill, Graham Wilden drops off a load of Potton Sand, over by E Plant, circa 1989

Aerial shot (obviously !) from 1971…

December 1987, Fleet lorries , XRR981Y - Mo Morris (just moved from David Hunt’s second Volvo), XRR990Y - Brian Gamble and XRR988Y - Gaz Worth, These all became Owner Driver Lorries when the fleet was disbanded. Behind, Screen house, A+ B Coated Plants, Canteen and Offices,

Friday 11th June 1993, it rained ! Non stop for two hours (but the drains were blocked !), the weighbridges and main crushing plant, P&M Ruck’s Volvo hits the fllod…

Thanks Tarmac, some very interesting picture there, especially the flood. Any more pictures would be greatfully recieved :smiley: