Middleton on the Wolds camera

While having a ride out to Bridlington today in the car,going along the A614,a car exiting Middleton on the Wolds,started flashing myself and others as were approaching the left hand bend as you enter the village from the west.(Fridaythorpe.) As we entered the village,hidden behind the bushes at the entrance to the bowling club,was a silver Freelander,and he had a cable running to a bright yellow camera on a small tripod. :angry:

It looked like a mini gatso,but I can’t be 100% certain.If your going that way,you have been warned,and remember it’s a 30mph limit.

It looks like a new tactic by Humberside filth. :angry:

I have submitted it to the guys at the Pocket GPS site,so if you get your camera database from them,then it hopefully shall appear soon.

Ken.

Why would that bother anyone :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I fail to see the relavance in your comment Rog. :confused:

I have never seen a camera like it,and I would suppose nobody else has,as we are all too familiar with the other types.

I was mererly bringing to the attention of people who use that road,but have never seen it before.

Ken.

ROG:
Why would that bother anyone :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

why did you think?
he’s letting people know so they are aware lol

Joshh:

ROG:

why did you think?
he’s letting people know so they are aware lol

i would presume that what ROG is saying is, it is a 30MPH limit, if you stick to the limit, why would it bother anyone.

i may be completely wrong though

I go through MotW quite a lot and they’re there a lot, I am always very sure to be down to 30mph through the place.

Paul

shuttlespanker:
i would presume that what ROG is saying is, it is a 30MPH limit, if you stick to the limit, why would it bother anyone.

Exactly that

Does it matter if they stick it up a tree or put it in a helicopter or whatever…
Speed cameras are only funded by volunteers :slight_smile:

Quinny:
While having a ride out to Bridlington today in the car,going along the A614,a car exiting Middleton on the Wolds,started flashing myself and others as were approaching the left hand bend as you enter the village from the west.(Fridaythorpe.) As we entered the village,hidden behind the bushes at the entrance to the bowling club,was a silver Freelander,and he had a cable running to a bright yellow camera on a small tripod. :angry:

It looked like a mini gatso,but I can’t be 100% certain.If your going that way,you have been warned,and remember it’s a 30mph limit.

I have submitted it to the guys at the Pocket GPS site,so if you get your camera database from them,then it hopefully shall appear soon.

Ken.

his this what u saw

ukspeedtraps.co.uk/gatso15.htm

scroll down a bit to see one

Correct.

It was the same as the one in the pic with the blue/white/yellow van.

As the article says,not widely used.

Ken.

ROG:

There’s bound to be some photography enthusiasts on here who would be interested in this sort of equipment :wink: :wink:

ROG:

shuttlespanker:

Exactly that

Does it matter if they stick it up a tree or put it in a helicopter or whatever…

oh fair do.

the safety idiots had one of them rigged up last summer just after the railway bridge on the holme upon salding moor side of howden, resulting in me brake testing trooper and caravan, it flashed but i was below 50. all they’re bothered about is speed, i mean i could of had 7 people in a 5 seater towing a caravan filled with 6 pit bikes and they wouldn’t of been bothered :wink: :wink:

stevie

Joshh:

ROG:

shuttlespanker:

Exactly that

oh fair do.

dude, dont fold too easy, stand by you’re morals.

Quinny:

It is sited there and at other spots along the A614 to catch all the morons from South and West Yorkshire who think it’s reasonable to do 45-50 through the villages. And don’t even get me started about bikers.

I haven’t been up that way for a while, but used to travel on the 614 alot (the missus is from Flamborough)

I used to hate the run between Howden & Bridlington. I used to feel vulnerable to the tailgaters and was an obvious irritant to them when doing 60 on those open, national speed limit stretches.

I welcome any form of speed deterrent along there. But it isn’t just about the speeding.

they usually have that camera on the a614 between scarboro rd roundabout & nafferton roundabout at driffield,believe this or not the other friday about 6pm i was travelling behind a tesco atego & he was doing 50mph & he got flashed so be aware it can tell the differance between car & hgv.

Conor:

Quinny:

It is sited there and at other spots along the A614 to catch all the morons from South and West Yorkshire who think it’s reasonable to do 45-50 through the villages.

Downright dangerous, especially as most of them only have 3 wheels on their cars :smiley:

i know all about this camera it got me he was hiding behind hedge and it was dark they must be doing overtime to get more money to do nowt