Microwaves in lorries

It’s hard work sometimes! A Anderson plug takes cable that’s about 10mm thick, is that thickness actually needed for a 1500w inverter? Or can I go for thinner, cheaper more manageable cable.

Mr B:
It’s hard work sometimes! A Anderson plug takes cable that’s about 10mm thick, is that thickness actually needed for a 1500w inverter? Or can I go for thinner, cheaper more manageable cable.

I would say that you could need cable about this thick. :wink:

me thinks some people need to get their facts right, there are various size and power rated Anderson plugs, you make them up yourself as long as you need them

don’t take it as read that they are all the same size plug and diameter of cable, THEY ARE NOT!!!

Harry Monk:

Mr B:

I would say that you could need cable about this thick. :wink:

Mine is at least twice as thick as that.
:laughing:

Mr B:

Most inverters come supplied with a length of cable. If you need more get the same size. Simples.

Found a review on this.
fwd.channel5.com/gadgets/applian … es/wavebox.
Cant find the link now but some caravan places sell 500 watt microws that will run from 1000 watt inverte.

I bought a Samsung popity ping off a chum a few years ago and £300 for a second hand 24 volt microwave wasn’t cheap but worth every penny. Also wired direct to batteries via an Anderson plug and big inline fuse. Plug is strategically place so it just pops apart when the can is tilted. It’s earthed up behind the cupboard

If u go to the items for sale section on here, someon is selling a truck microwave.
Hope this helps

Harry Monk:
Does anyone have one of these?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Cherry-Red-Wa … 326wt_1139

I brought one of these in November last year for £80 off of ebay. Don’t waste your money, total sack of SHI-ITE!!! Takes bleeding hours to warm up a ready meal and you have to constantly turn the meal round to warm other side…and they won’t give me my money back!!

I now have a new DAF XF with 750w microwave fitted and its brilliant!!

Cheapo microwave from Asda/ Tescos etc 1000w inverter (1500w peak) from ebay £80, wired in to the main fuse board feed on a Scania works perfect everytime :smiley: Total cost including the cable was under £130 and it has paid for itself many times over

Harry Monk:
Now personally, I think it’s about time trucks came fitted with a heavy duty inverter as standard, or at least as an option. Inverters would be far cheaper to buy if you were Volvo and could order 50,000 of them in one go. A 240v power supply isn’t a great deal to ask for.

I used to drive coaches that had a double socket for your laptop etc next to EVERY seat. How can a truck not be delivered with at least 1!!!