Microwave

Anyone know how big of an microwave you can fit in the top lockers of an MAN TGX XXL?

Radar19:
Anyone know how big of an microwave you can fit in the top lockers of an MAN TGX XXL?

Tape measure!!!

If only I had seen this half an hour ago before I left work and not while I am waiting for my takeaway.

I’ll measure mine in the morning and let you know, the microwave that is.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
If only I had seen this half an hour ago before I left work and not while I am waiting for my takeaway.

I’ll measure mine in the morning and let you know, the microwave that is.

Cheers my main man. I’m on amazon tonight and I’m not in the truck so I can’t measure it myself.

16ltr seems to be a common size used in trucks, big enough to fit a standard plate meal in and compact enough to fit in lockers. There’s a rush of 20ltr 240v machines being sold by the major supermarkets atm but I’m unsure if they would fit.

What’s the power source for microwave?
I’m assuming you have an inverter? They do zap the power when in use.

I bought 1 from Morrisons (other retail outlets are available) for £33, not sure what size it is but it fits in my Scania centre locker just sweet.

Not sure, mine was already in when boss man purchased the truck. Some pretty thick wires running down left hand locker though.

I always run the engine when using the microwave, not sure if I need to but not had a flat battery (yet).

Old Scuffer:
What’s the power source for microwave?
I’m assuming you have an inverter? They do zap the power when in use.

I bought 1 from Morrisons (other retail outlets are available) for £33, not sure what size it is but it fits in my Scania centre locker just sweet.

I’ll be getting a 3000W Pure wave one. The Scania Toplines have much larger top lockers compared to the MAN’s.

Ah ok, plenty of power then.
Never driven a MAN so wasn’t sure if locker size was similar, guess it’s the tape measure method then. Albeit my top lockers got space left even with the microwave in there, guess the storage in here ain’t so bad after all.
Happy hunting.

El Deano:
Not sure, mine was already in when boss man purchased the truck. Some pretty thick wires running down left hand locker though.

I always run the engine when using the microwave, not sure if I need to but not had a flat battery (yet).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you will know for sure whether you need to run the engine or not the 1st time you make your tea without doing so.
id think it most certain the micro would cut out after draining both batteries anyway.
the only question would be how long you might need to let the truck recover before trying to see if itl start.
run the engine whilst cooking your scran…

You shouldnt run the engine whilst using the microwave…you will have every moaner on T./N + others saying they cant sleep…or…why do wagons pull up and keep their engines running…you know the ones… :smiley: :smiley:

A samsung roadmate fits in perfect with the locker door removed, so whatever one of them measures is what you need

chaversdad:
A samsung roadmate fits in perfect with the locker door removed, so whatever one of them measures is what you need

Isn’t the roadmate 24v and very expensive?
The OP has already stated that he’s getting an inverter so will probably be going down the 240v route

Apologies for not getting back to you, didn’t get chance to measure it as some numpty decided to try and remove the side locker door with his truck.

Had to run back to the yard and swap truck, 4 over 4 XF for the day.

Most of them are about 25cm high, a standard one will fit into a MAN top cupboard with a bit of coaxing.
The one that fit into my MANs I’ve had, will not fit into the Actros cupboard which is ridiculously small in comparison.
There is a Daewoo one on the market which is a spacesaver with caravans in mind.

peirre:

chaversdad:

Isn’t the roadmate 24v and very expensive?
The OP has already stated that he’s getting an inverter so will probably be going down the 240v route

Yes they cost the earth but i meant if he finds one for sale it will usually tell you the dimensions, he can then find a cheaper one the same size

Can’t remove the locker door so I’ll have to fit it in with the door in place. I was looking at a 17lt. The height doesn’t worry me but the depth does.

robroy:
There is a Daewoo one on the market which is a spacesaver with caravans in mind.

The one you mentioned, the 14ltr QT1 from Asda @£40 is out of stock atm, direct.asda.com/daewoo-qt1-14l- … lt,pd.html but does come back in stock frequently so it’s a case of bookmarking the page, though I do have a brand new one in the box at home

Dimensions for mine are 18 inch wide, 9 inch high and 12 inch deep or 46cm wide, 23cm high and 30cm deep.

Its a Samsung Roadmate as mentioned above.

Mine has had the locker door removed and has a surround on it so should fit with door on.