Microwave to fit a BigSpace Merc

I’m in a BigSpace Actros which I can’t make permanent alterations to and am looking to get a microwave that will fit in a top locker. Any three-pin plug jobbies out there that anyone has found that will fit? The cheapy Tesco one I picked up is about an inch too tall to get into the locker. Until a better solution is found I’ve got a microwave in the passenger footwell.

Jealous of the unit you have :frowning: !!

I’ve got the streamspace cab and the lockers are tiny so I’ve took the mattress off the top bunk and keep the microwave on there along with a couple of storage boxes

Ye we’ve got them in our big space cabs I think they are made by ignemix , I’m not in till Tuesday at home now ,I’ll look on Tuesday but I am sure that’s wot they are or something very similar and they are 240 volt, the only thing is when you open door you have to hold locker door up veery slightly to clear door or get different struts which we have, not necessary really

Just googled them they are igenix 700watt around 40quid

I’ve got a Samsung 24volt one that I have used in quite a few trucks…
It fit in a DAF and a MAN no probs, but was too big for the Merc cupboard , even with the ‘feet’ taken off.
Mine now just sits under the passenger seat with the leads under the bunk, through the side cupboard and connected directly on to the + and - terminals at the rear left hand side of the cab, with an Anderson connector for when the cab is tilted.

Ok it aint as convenient as in the top cupboard, but as long as you don’t mind crouching down to get your meal out of it, it’s fine.

What about mini microwave

direct.asda.com/daewoo-qt1-14l- … lt,pd.html

Uncleskid:
I’ve got the streamspace cab and the lockers are tiny so I’ve took the mattress off the top bunk and keep the microwave on there along with a couple of storage boxes

mines under passengers seat as i have the storage hammock not bunk

fingermissing:

That’s the one I’ve got run from a 1500w inverter good little microwave

Uncleskid:

fingermissing:

Do you have the inverter plumbed in or just plugged in to 10A cig lighter?

Blue Day:

Uncleskid:

fingermissing:

If you do that you’ll want Dozy’s fire exstinusher
Plumbed in as it can draw up to 60+amps

Blue Day:

Uncleskid:

fingermissing:

Anderson plug and run cables through side locker and inverter fitted behind passenger seat

Thanks for all the advice chaps. Gone for the Daewoo as I can get it next day delivery, can’t find the ingmix thingy on less than 3 working days.

Yay, I’m going to have a passenger footwell again.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk