Microwave in XF105

Just got my hands on a Samsung road mate at a good price and want it fitting in XF105 space cab. I seem to remember seeing something on here about there being a suitable wiring connection in the centre locker but not sure if that was in a super space?

I was going to connect it straight to batteries and put it under bed but not enough room due to the fridge. Im told there is a 40amp fuse in the fuse box to take a feed off?

Anyone else got a microwave in a 105?

Matt

iv got mine in middle top locker on a Cpl of pieces of 2x2 to raise it enough to open micro door .the cheapest way to wire it is to buy a Cpl of sets of h/d jump leads from e\c parts @ £15 a pair (buying it of the reel about twice the price) then run lead thru driver side top locker and pop the plastic next to the locker and tuck lead into the joint of the headlining to the back wall then down the join into the side locker .You will also need two pairs of Anderson clips ,one pair to join the leads together about two thirds round the other to join the remainder (which you keep in the side locker and run to where you have placed plug from batteries) to the lead youv made up to go to the batteries if you ask the motor factor were you buy the clips from they will prob crimp the clips to your leads aswell as the bat terminals and the fuse(which on memory is 75 amps) that came with the micro for a Cpl of quid . hope this makes sense ive had mine like this for about 12 years in both 95,s and 105,s and works well . The fuse you mention and the wireing for the daf micro isn’t man enuf for the roadmate so daf told me. its also easyer to run the lead thru the locker to the micro rather than from it as the clips wont pass thru the tight gaps

top left hand box, lift the floor panel and cable is there, it leads down to fuse box where you will find the fitting for the 40 amp fuse to make it all work.
well it was there in my 61 plate xf :wink:

gezt:
top left hand box, lift the floor panel and cable is there, it leads down to fuse box where you will find the fitting for the 40 amp fuse to make it all work.
well it was there in my 61 plate xf :wink:

It’s sometimes there sometimes in the middle box problem is the roadmate micro the fuse is rated at 75amps so the 40a fuse and wiring can’t handle it . Both Daf and the local truck sparkie warned against using it. the truck wireing that is

Thats probably why he got it at a good price. :laughing: