Microsoft MapPoint - any users out there?

Hi everyone,

I’m writing an article for Commercial Motor magazine about Microsoft MapPoint Europe 2004 and would love to hear from any users out there that have an opinion to express about this mapping software, whether good or bad.

If you want to take part (anonymously or on the record, whichever you prefer), I’d need to speak to you on the phone sometime this week so please send me a reply with a contact number and I’ll give you a call!

Thanks and regards,
Robin Meczes
Robin Meczes Editorial Services
Tel: 07813 096688

Are you just going to review it or are you going to give a side by side comparison to other products in its class?

Will you include details of connectivty to GPS and the like, and how it fairs (fares?) for being right :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Perhaps I am asking too much :open_mouth: ■■

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smeserver:
Perhaps I am asking too much :open_mouth: ■■

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

doesn’t look like anyones using it anyway :wink: :wink: :laughing:

I read the article in CM and decided that Autoroute did everything I wanted it to do, except make Bill Gates even more richer :unamused:

I agree Mappoint does look like an improvement, but because of these systems I am turning into an Electronic Luddite.

Auto mapping systems are causing me a few problems at the moment :cry:

The bloke sat in front of it is very blinkered and decides to believe everything he sees, instead of listening to someone with more than 30 years experience on the roads.

Computers cannot see round bends, They cannot spot tractors or temporary traffic lights. When the PC says it will take 4.5 hours, I know its going to take me at least 5 :exclamation:

Hello Wheel Nut,

Thanks for your feedback. It would indeed have been good to get some input from people with 30 years’ experience on the roads about MapPoint - sadly, however, nobody out there responded to my request.

I’m glad my review proved useful to you, though!

Regards,
Robin Meczes

robinmeczes:
sadly, however, nobody out there responded to my request.

I would’ve gladly responded if I had of ever used it…but I haven’t!! :wink:

Now, if you were asking about AutoRoute (any year) I could’ve helped you out; likewise with MemoryMap.

By the way, for UK I use AutoRoute 2005 (with a GPS mouse button - 1 sec refresh rate!!) but for further than mainland Europe i.e. Balkans, Czech, etc, I use AutoRoute 2002 as it has better detail for those countries than the newer versions.

…err, but I don’t use MapPoint :blush: