Microlise

the maoster:
It cuts out before the crest because it’s smart enough to realise that inertia will carry you over the crest. It saves a teacup of fuel arguably, but how many teacups does it take to fill a bath.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you’re on the ball and paying attention you’ll soon grasp exactly when it’s going to cut power and it’s simple enough to tickle the loud pedal to keep it going.

Yes, that’s true - but I have been moaned at in the past for “slowing right down when coasting”, and it still creates a bad taste in my mouth if something automatic happens that is perceived to be getting me into hot water…

I’m not ashamed to say I have no idea what Microlise is. If my company use it, I haven’t been informed. I doubt very much if it would influence the way I drive.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Winseer:
The person behind you is rather alarmed that you’ve just slowed down from 50 to 30-35mph without braking, and has to now swerve out to avoid going up your arse…

In my mind then “Eco roll” - isn’t safe.

Eco roll didn’t cause that, tailgating did. You don’t just instantly go from 50-35MPH and usually with eco-roll you’ll drop a few MPH at most.

msgyorkie:
Microlise = corporate drone plobbers.
Im so glad I have always worked for small firms that dont bother with this pish.

No problem mate. I’m happy being a corporate drone plobber and I get happier every Wednesday when I get my payslip. This weeks saw me grossing £827.13 for 48.5hrs, that made this corporate drone plobber very happy. You keep working for those small firms that don’t bother with this pish, I’m quite sure you’re happy as a pig in muck being out all week in your motor and working max hours to scrape together than amount including your night out money.

My motor was idling all day long yesterday to keep the aircon going so I had a nice cold cab to sit in. Would love to have seen the plobbers controller’s face anylising my microlise score lmfao!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I didn’t have to have my motor idling all day long to keep the aircon going because I got to go home after a quite easy stress free 9hr or so shift.

dexxy57:
I’m not ashamed to say I have no idea what Microlise is. If my company use it, I haven’t been informed. I doubt very much if it would influence the way I drive.

You’ll know if you’ve got it because there’ll be a big 7" touchscreen tablet in a bright yellow holder bolted to the centre dash somewhere.

Conor:

dexxy57:

You’ll know if you’ve got it because there’ll be a big 7" touchscreen tablet in a bright yellow holder bolted to the centre dash somewhere.

I’ve been driving with Microlise for the past 11 years and never seen any such device in the cabs of any of our vehicles…

Conor:

dexxy57:

Wrong. My place have had Microlise for years and never had any devices bolted into the cab, just the microlise box behind dashboard and we also use microlise app on phones for arrival and departure times and taking photos of Pod’s.

simcor:

Conor:

dexxy57:

Wrong. My place have had Microlise for years and never had any devices bolted into the cab, just the microlise box behind dashboard and we also use microlise app on phones for arrival and departure times and taking photos of Pod’s.

Maybe the big yellow touchscreens are only given to the elite £827-a-week drivers…?

As posters have pointed out Microlise can be in the truck without any tablet, which is actually just an optional feature. If you cut the wire going to the tablet with a pair of snips, the information would still send back to the depot. The login facility also seems to be purely for the display. The information still sends back even if it seems you are not logged in.

Conor:

msgyorkie:
Im so glad I have always worked for small firms that dont bother with this pish.

No problem mate. I’m happy being a corporate drone plobber and I get happier every Wednesday when I get my payslip. This weeks saw me grossing £827.13 for 48.5hrs, .

O look I’ve got more than yow, and I bet you have a bigger house, O and a better car, Who Trucking cares.

Conor:

msgyorkie:

No problem mate. I’m happy being a corporate drone plobber and I get happier every Wednesday when I get my payslip. This weeks saw me grossing £827.13 for 48.5hrs, that made this corporate drone plobber very happy. You keep working for those small firms that don’t bother with this pish, I’m quite sure you’re happy as a pig in muck being out all week in your motor and working max hours to scrape together than amount including your night out money.

My motor was idling all day long yesterday to keep the aircon going so I had a nice cold cab to sit in. Would love to have seen the plobbers controller’s face anylising my microlise score lmfao!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I didn’t have to have my motor idling all day long to keep the aircon going because I got to go home after a quite easy stress free 9hr or so shift.

Lol I havent had a night out in 2 weeks. I do on average 2 a month. Oh and your pay is less than mine btw. I work similar hours though. Your not the only one about who earns a decent crust for doing very little! :sunglasses:

You could just be an agency slob and give zero ■■■■■ about Microlise scores and drive it like you stole it

Also seconded you don’t need a big yellow tablet for it to be there. military have it in their whitefleet, It’s an annoying little black box on the dashboard that flashes red lights when you brake to hard, accelerate to hard, corner to hard, leave the engine idling to long, and other ■■■■ that nobody other than the MTO cares about. It does offer a fairly accurate GPS location though by all accounts

Winseer:
The “Overdrive” is a good one… If you attempt to accelerate out of a corner - you’ll get marked down on this thing. Steady, gentle acceleration - isn’t always good enough to pull out at busy roundabouts however…
It is FAR easier to get perfect A1.00 scores on night driving, only to see it all go to pot during the morning rush hour… On-slips is another place where the unwary often get marked down, especially when it is an uphill slip, fully loaded… You are worried about coming upto the speed of the traffic already on the motorway, not ■■■■■■■ about trying to gently approach an empty carriageway at night so as not to get that ‘G’ rating for Overdriving all the time…

“Harsh Braking” - Every time a pedestrian runs out in front of you, a cyclist wobbles over a drain, someone cuts into a roundabout you were just committing on, or in my case - errant cop cars without their lights on carving me up on a roundabout, thinking I can give way easier than they can when darting in front of me…

Over-Revving - Your vehicle is likely an automatic. Drive it as such. If you try and be clever with the gears, manually over-riding them all the time, then you’ll get over-revving all the time too…
Green Band Driving - Again, don’t let the revs outside the green zone by double-down changes on hills, for instance…

Engine Idle - happens more often when leaving the engine running when coupling up, (which isn’t even safe ffs) than getting stuck for more than 60 seconds at traffic lights.

I have no idea what CC without ACC is, as I’ve never seen that before.
“Credit Card without Account”? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks winser, took on board your advice & certainly seeing a improvement in my scores , well at least until next Friday

1E049346-E82F-4635-B07F-3A675C436F7F.jpeg

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

Climbing a reasonably steep hill @ 50 on cruise with half a load, goes into eco roll just before reaching the crest…

The person behind you is rather alarmed that you’ve just slowed down from 50 to 30-35mph without braking, and has to now swerve out to avoid going up your arse…

I don’t know what eco roll you’ve been using but they don’t drop by 20mph. They drop the speed about 3-5 mph. I agree I think it causes problems for other road users as you suddenly slow without showing brake lights. Would I say unsafe? No. Annoying yes.

biggriffin:
O look I’ve got more than yow, and I bet you have a bigger house, O and a better car, Who Trucking cares.

Your wife assuming she’s not already buggered off with the Aldi shelf stacker cos he’s a better prospect.

DickyNick:

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

Climbing a reasonably steep hill @ 50 on cruise with half a load, goes into eco roll just before reaching the crest…

I don’t know what eco roll you’ve been using but they don’t drop by 20mph. They drop the speed about 3-5 mph. I agree I think it causes problems for other road users as you suddenly slow without showing brake lights. Would I say unsafe? No. Annoying yes.

Our Volvo’s will drop from 53mph to 45mph quite regularly on iroll. If your not on the ball and stop it.

Got a different truck yesterday and the microlise was setup in a different format for the daily checks, so as soon as I logged on it went thru the various vehicle checks. All good till it asked me about the phone, coz there isn’t one fitted so it threw a wobbly. Then it asked me to sign to confirm that I was following BLACK, so I wrote black on the screen then pressed OK, then it asked me to sign to confirm that I was following COMPLIANCE, yup you guessed it I wrote compliance on the screen. What really annoyed me was that after all this it stated there was no job allocated to me. So I logged off and carried on without it.

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

The Actros does that too… :open_mouth:

simcor:

DickyNick:

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

Our Volvo’s will drop from 53mph to 45mph quite regularly on iroll. If your not on the ball and stop it.

You can set the overspeed on a Volvo up to +9mph, that helps to stop eco-roll coming in at sill speeds. Handy when going down hill, automatic abz overdrive…

biggriffin:

simcor:

DickyNick:

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

You can set the overspeed on a Volvo up to +9mph, that helps to stop eco-roll coming in at sill speeds. Handy when going down hill, automatic abz overdrive…

Yes I know you can but like most options there days it’s all set and locked out so us mere plebs can’t change anything. Can’t even use the plus and minus buttons to make it hold gears longer.