Microlise

^^ quell (sp) surprise.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Winseer, another one that just doesn’t get it!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AS EXPECTED… another big wooooshhhh for winseer.
this is the reason the kids keep trolling :unamused:

Winseer:
The “Overdrive” is a good one… If you attempt to accelerate out of a corner - you’ll get marked down on this thing. Steady, gentle acceleration - isn’t always good enough to pull out at busy roundabouts however…
It is FAR easier to get perfect A1.00 scores on night driving, only to see it all go to pot during the morning rush hour… On-slips is another place where the unwary often get marked down, especially when it is an uphill slip, fully loaded… You are worried about coming upto the speed of the traffic already on the motorway, not ■■■■■■■ about trying to gently approach an empty carriageway at night so as not to get that ‘G’ rating for Overdriving all the time…

“Harsh Braking” - Every time a pedestrian runs out in front of you, a cyclist wobbles over a drain, someone cuts into a roundabout you were just committing on, or in my case - errant cop cars without their lights on carving me up on a roundabout, thinking I can give way easier than they can when darting in front of me…

Over-Revving - Your vehicle is likely an automatic. Drive it as such. If you try and be clever with the gears, manually over-riding them all the time, then you’ll get over-revving all the time too…
Green Band Driving - Again, don’t let the revs outside the green zone by double-down changes on hills, for instance…

Engine Idle - happens more often when leaving the engine running when coupling up, (which isn’t even safe ffs) than getting stuck for more than 60 seconds at traffic lights.

I have no idea what CC without ACC is, as I’ve never seen that before.
“Credit Card without Account”? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Re harsh braking if any driver is doing a lot of harsh braking it comes down to poor awareness and poor forward planning. And no that isn’t a troll wind up comment it’s the fact of it.

The rest of it you can sort out by using the cruise control more. As soon as you reach 10mph on a that slip put the cruise Control on. Another fact of the matter is that in a modern automatic truck the trucks computers can decide when to change gear and do it much more efficiently than you with the correct revs and everything. If it the truck goes out Of the green band with the CC on then on microlise it doesn’t register over drive as it’s the computer doing it not the driver.

Winseer:
“Credit Card without Account”? [emoji14] :stuck_out_tongue:

Cruise control without using the accelerator. Quite simple.

Look at these beauties

robroy:
■■■■ AND vape mate…are you not missing the point, or covering every angle which? [emoji38]

Used to deliver to a place where the woman working in the stores was trying to give up ■■■■ and using vape instead. Always a good indication not to ■■■■ her off if she’s outside smoking a real one as generally meant she’s having a bad day!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

biggriffin:
0Look at these beauties

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
handsome pic there my man.
it kinda covers every aspect from all angles there.

im wondering why we dont have trampyjake ect popping up for the usual support act on this one.?
noticeable by their absence,

anyone on long distance with plenty of harsh brakings is a guy who is really putting in a days work and should get a bonus.

Winseer:
The “Overdrive” is a good one… If you attempt to accelerate out of a corner - you’ll get marked down on this thing.

It’s over-run, as in when you are in gear and moving without using the accelerator such as when you’re using engine braking. The more you use it the better the score you get so click off the cruise control 300-400m from a roundabout and use the engine braking to slow you down and you’ll get a higher score than driving up to the point you need to use the brakes. You can game the microlise score a lot using this, just click off the cruise control on downhill stretches and use engine braking/retarder and Bobs your mother’s brother.

You don’t get marked down accelerating out of a corner unless you have your foot to the floor and then you get marked down on the >95% throttle acceleration. This too is one that is easy to game by simply using the cruise control resume button once you’re above 20MPH. So for example at Scotch Corner roundabout turning onto the A66 from A1 northbound, take it out of eco mode, traffic light goes green, use throttle until you hit 20MPH, press resume button on cruise control, lorry accelerates using full throttle up to 56MPH without you touching the pedal and Microlise not only doesn’t punish you for 100% acceleration but it actually rewards you for using the cruise control more.

You can drive like a complete loon in full on tipper driver mode and get a pretty perfect score on Microlise depending on what toys your lorry comes with once you learn how it works out the scores, the only thing that would give it away would be the poor MPG.

Microlise = corporate drone plobbers.
Im so glad I have always worked for small firms that dont bother with this pish.
My motor was idling all day long yesterday to keep the aircon going so I had a nice cold cab to sit in. Would love to have seen the plobbers controller’s face anylising my microlise score lmfao!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

simcor:

Winseer:

I’ve never seen that ever come up though. It seems my method of accelerating to 20mph and then engaging cruise, thumbing it up to higher speeds on the steering wheel - put paid to any downmarks there.

Does that mean to “get that mark against” that if you accelerate from 21mph to say, 30mph without engaging Cruise - you’ll get marked down according to how much time you actually spent acclerating before engaging?

Maybe I fluked by A1.00 scores after all. I tend to drive like that normally, you see… The only place I’m not looking to put the cruise on at the earliest opportunity is in stop-start daytime traffic.

“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

Climbing a reasonably steep hill @ 50 on cruise with half a load, goes into eco roll just before reaching the crest…

The person behind you is rather alarmed that you’ve just slowed down from 50 to 30-35mph without braking, and has to now swerve out to avoid going up your arse…

In my mind then “Eco roll” - isn’t safe.

Winseer:

simcor:

Winseer:

I’ve never seen that ever come up though. It seems my method of accelerating to 20mph and then engaging cruise, thumbing it up to higher speeds on the steering wheel - put paid to any downmarks there.

Does that mean to “get that mark against” that if you accelerate from 21mph to say, 30mph without engaging Cruise - you’ll get marked down according to how much time you actually spent acclerating before engaging?

Maybe I fluked by A1.00 scores after all. I tend to drive like that normally, you see… The only place I’m not looking to put the cruise on at the earliest opportunity is in stop-start daytime traffic.

No you get marked down for using the accelerator whilst using cruise control. I cheat by disengaging cruise when our Volvos decide to no longer accelerate when joining a motorway because it will go into iroll for the downhill, so by disengaging cruise and using the accelerator then resume cruise control when req. Shame we have all this microlise crap but it is what it is. Easy enough to get straight A’s without tying on night mostly, sometimes I slip on one or more when on certain runs or how much your stuck in traffic etc but don’t really care. Using exhaust brake as much as possible is the other easy cheat as well.

Overrun sounds the same as combined coasting.

Winseer:

simcor:

Winseer:

You appear to be over-thinking this. All that is being counted is time spent with CC engaged and with your foot off the accelerator - i.e. when you are allowing the CC to control speed, rather than your right foot. It matters not (to Mr Microlise) whether you “click up” the speed gradually or simply hit “resume”. The alternative would be CC engaged with use of accelerator - i.e. engaging CC at 20mph but then continuing to control the speed “manually” at all speeds higher than that.

The plobbers trying to get a good score, try taking them big ol’ boots off, and drive in socks, and keep it flat lit …

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

Climbing a reasonably steep hill @ 50 on cruise with half a load, goes into eco roll just before reaching the crest…

The person behind you is rather alarmed that you’ve just slowed down from 50 to 30-35mph without braking, and has to now swerve out to avoid going up your arse…

This where an on the ball driver will anticipate that his vehicle is about to shut the throttle and either (a) do nothing because he knows that there’s nothing following him close enough to be inconvenienced, or (b) he/she will intercede and apply the throttle themselves. You do realise that you can still manually intercede don’t you?

the maoster:

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

This where an on the ball driver will anticipate that his vehicle is about to shut the throttle and either (a) do nothing because he knows that there’s nothing following him close enough to be inconvenienced, or (b) he/she will intercede and apply the throttle themselves. You do realise that you can still manually intercede don’t you?

Exactamundo. I spend half my night overriding stupid iroll to keep it going and still get decent scores on nights, quite easy really.

the maoster:

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

My present employer uses microlise (as did my previous), and did mention to me that some of my scores where not quite where microlise reconned that they should be…

I explained, with a few consice examples, that microlise only deals with hypothetical situations, and not real world driving. This is proven every time, because my microlise score may be crap, but my fuel mileage is always in the top three, and I don’t come back with bits hanging of my truck…

On top of that, I now complain loudly about the fact that my microlise truck won’t let me use the gearbox in manual mode, when I could do much better than the craptros box… They agree… :open_mouth:

the maoster:

Winseer:
“Eco Drive” on a scumia…

It is a pain in the arse for Ecoroll to engage before reaching the top of the hill. It would make more sense if it engaged right at the crest… Cruise is on remember… To keep cutting cruise in and out on a motorway drive - defeats the object of it.

It cuts out before the crest because it’s smart enough to realise that inertia will carry you over the crest. It saves a teacup of fuel arguably, but how many teacups does it take to fill a bath.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you’re on the ball and paying attention you’ll soon grasp exactly when it’s going to cut power and it’s simple enough to tickle the loud pedal to keep it going.