Microlise Tracking

Anybody have any experience of this system? The firm i work for have decided to install this system next week. The thing is we spend half of our days trundling round landfill sites fully loaded(skips/roro/ejectors) How can this system help anyone in this line of work? They are fitting the one that details driver behaviour and drivng style to help improve fuel usage.( their words ) Up to your axles in ■■■■, the thing bleeps that you in the red and reports you :unamused: :unamused: Ah well, must be progress then :exclamation:

Ignore it. Everyone else does

scanny77:
Ignore it. Everyone else does

Been there to long to worry about it, just interested in other peoples experience of the system. Thanks for reply

We have just got it and I was one of the biggest voices against it,but I’ve just calmed my driving style a bit.i drive a daf auto so I just switch it to manual now to stay in the green band and try not to harsh brake.
Our depot put the results of the previous week on the notice board and have introduced a bonus scheme if you drive well all month…
To put it bluntly it is a pain but just ride with it and it becomes bareable.
Our system monitors harsh braking,over revving,over idling,green band driving and use of cruise control,
Hope this helps you

yorkshire terrier:
We have just got it and I was one of the biggest voices against it,but I’ve just calmed my driving style a bit.i drive a daf auto so I just switch it to manual now to stay in the green band and try not to harsh brake.
Our depot put the results of the previous week on the notice board and have introduced a bonus scheme if you drive well all month…
To put it bluntly it is a pain but just ride with it and it becomes bareable.
Our system monitors harsh braking,over revving,over idling,green band driving and use of cruise control,
Hope this helps you

Thanks mate, thats what i’m after, someone who’s used it. All new to me this stuff so might be interesting. Just can’t see the good it will do the company when half your day is spent driving off road!!

Marking someone down for “harsh braking” when the firm couldn’t be arsed to put a dashcam on the vehicles means “no emergancy stops”. Never mind the poor sod who wandered out in front of you - you’ll effectively get a bollocking for not running him over! :smiling_imp:

It all sounds very similar to fleetboard to me.

We have cameras too plus i have my phone mounted on the windscreen in video recorder mode

All these systems are pretty much the same.

If used properly, they should be used to identify performances that are significantly worse than normal: if one truck in the fleet idles for hours longer than the others do in a week or is doing emergency braking every 10 minutes or so, for instance.

They are just a waste of time if used to micromanage driver performance. “A week ago last tuesday you idled the engine for 2 minutes just after your 45 minute break…what’s your explanation?”

Unfortunately they are mainly used by untrained micro managers and instead of it having a beneficial effect, people refuse to get involved with it because it becomes a stick to beat you with and therefore it is a waste of money.

Ultimatley it’s about saving money but it will change your driving habbits,be it on your own accord or with the help of the driver trainer!!
At our place everyone is expected to get at least an overall b,if this is not achieved then retraining happens!, most drivers now achieve this but it’s took the best part of 18months to get there :wink:

fredthered:
Unfortunately they are mainly used by untrained micro managers and instead of it having a beneficial effect, people refuse to get involved with it because it becomes a stick to beat you with and therefore it is a waste of money.

That is so succinctly put and so true.

fredthered:

The best thing about Microlise is the…salesmen/women, they are much better than the gizmo. The comment above is so true of our company ie if doing 40mph the revs are below the green band but with an auto box if it was struggling it would change down. So do we change down manually and use more fuel and get a pat on the back or stay in auto and get a kick up the arse ?

thehairyarsedtrucker:

fredthered:

The best thing about Microlise is the…salesmen/women, they are much better than the gizmo.

So true, of so many things!

Thanks guys very helpfull :wink: