Michelin tyre HP

Silver_Surfer:
Mich truck tyres have always been a premium product punta it’s just wether you think they are worth the extra over the competition.

They’re the dearest tyre you can buy so unless you’re poncing around in a 730, probably not for you, or me for that matter.

I only used to spec them on the front steer axle as I wanted to do all I could to avoid front steer blow out.

I know in AG they are worth paying extra for but im here to be guided by you guys with knowledge of trucks as to whether the hgv products are value for money, im buying nothing just for brand snobbery, all inputs to a business have to be bought on payback value.

I was always told the Kleber was the tyre of choice for field buggies, although they are owned by Michelin along with BF Goodrich, and Uniroyal.

Wheel Nut:
I was always told the Kleber was the tyre of choice for field buggies, although they are owned by Michelin along with BF Goodrich, and Uniroyal.

Kleber were good but nothing stays the same :smiley:

After running michelins on the steer axle of a double drive for a number of years, I wanted the safety of a premium casing on the steer axle for obvious reasons, the prices went up to the point where I thought enough is enough, I started using Bridgestone steer tyres which did the same mileage as a Michelin, Bridgestone pushed their prices up to the point where I thought I would try Hankook steer tyres as I had had great service from their drive axle tyres…their steer tyres do the same mileage as a Michelin in my opinion, a double drive is a configuration that will test steer tyres more than any other I think,so in my opinion, paying top notch prices for so called quality is not necessarily cost effective…