MIchelin Multi D

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share the new Multi D video with you. It demonstrates optimsied grip in all weather conditions.

Watch it here:

michelintransport.com/ple/fr … 11&lang=EN

Safe driving everyone

Katie

Not sure I can remember my O level French enough to understand that :wink:

The tyres on my motor were a bit rough to say the least & they’ve been beasted on heavy work recently so I decided to replace all 8 before the winter.

I put 2 of these on the front:

michelintransport.com/ple/fr … ubrique=45

Were pricey but they look up to the job & I feel good knowing they are there. Fitter at ATS was saying they’ll last 3 times as long as some other brands, I presume that’s marketing speak to some degree with him maybe not realising that I know ATS are owned by Michelin.

I couldn’t face putting Michelin on the mid lift as it doesn’t steer (I think they should ban non steer mid lifts!) so I put Hankook’s on there, other choice was Prime Wells or some such but I hadn’t heard of them.

Put new Pirelli’s on the rear as I’m not as minted as I used to be so didn’t fancy stretching to new mich on the back, these were the same price as Mich remix.

Silver_Surfer:
Put new Pirelli’s on the rear as I’m not as minted as I used to be so didn’t fancy stretching to new mich on the back, these were the same price as Mich remix.

given the choice of new pirelli or mich remix at the same price, i think i would have gone for the mich remix

i have been hearing some real disturbing stories regarding the quality and lifespan of some pirelli tyres :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ll see how they go & report back if there’s any issues.

Might not be logical but something in me always resents paying top money for remoulds rather than new!

Michelin Truck UK:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share the new Multi D video with you. It demonstrates optimsied grip in all weather conditions.

Watch it here:

michelintransport.com/ple/fr … 11&lang=EN

Safe driving everyone

Katie

Why try to advertise your new tyres on your English website when all the dialect is in French? I Gave up half way through.

We tend to fit Taurus (a Michelin brand) as our ‘budget’ fitment.

The ‘U’ pattern (the old Michy XZY zig-zag type) does us well on tags/pushers.

I always believed the Michelin hype with regards lasting two or three times longer. So when my new R440 arrived with Michelins all round three years ago I thought ‘great, slightly less time in the workshop’! How wrong, on both the new R440s the Michelins lasted 60-80,000 less than the tyres on the other trucks, Bridgestones I think. My current truck is a year old with 130,000 on the clock and the Comtinentals have so much tread I could see them easily doing double that. Oh and my truck is in the Continental brochure :wink: (well it was)

Hush Switch, the Michelin man will have you in his cross hairs. :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Silver_Surfer:

given the choice of new pirelli or mich remix at the same price, i think i would have gone for the mich remix

i have been hearing some real disturbing stories regarding the quality and lifespan of some pirelli tyres :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Not had much luck with either Pirelli or Mich Re-mix, tried some pirellis on the drive and barely got 150,000 km’s. Replaced them with 4 Mich Re-mix and two never made it to the end as they suffered carcase failure. Eventually ended up with 4 Bridgestone which all did 250,000 kms +. Now running Hankooks on the drive and although their wear rate seems reasonable so far, they’re not going to outlast the Bridgestones by any means.
Best tyres I ever had was 4 brand new Michelins, with some careful re-cutting (little and often) I just about managed 300,000 kms, but I was on containers then and can’t do it now as pounding up and down farm tracks and screwing round in rough old farm yards is a death sentence for re-cut tyres with little meat left on the tread section of the tyre.