Michelin Man

Does anybody know where I could purchase a Michelin Man figure for the front of my wagon? Looking back to my childhood I used to love seeing a lorry with a “snowman” on it.

Cheers

Page 20 of the CDC TRUCK catalogue lists 2 Michelin Men.

1st one is Code C3001 Small 8" £21.00

2nd one is Code C3002 Large 18" £58.00

They are described as original and as supplied by Michelin.

You can get their catalogue from www.truckstuff.co.uk

Or if your ever near stoke (unfortunate i know) theres 3 of them sat on a roundabout outside the michelin factory just help yourself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Superb-Old-Large- … dZViewItem

He’s also known as Bibendum, from the original advertisements strap line, “Nunc est bibendum! (Now is the time to drink!)”. From Michelin’s slogan at the time, “Michelin tires swallow up all obstacles.” :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

my ex wife must be mrs michelin because she swallows all obstacles (i think i spelt that right im dyslexic) as well

I was gutted i saw one of those laying in the road once, went and turned round to pick it up and someone had beat me to it :frowning:

I only popped in for a look i thought you wanted me as ive put that much bloody weight on since stopping smoking .:frowning::(:(:(.

’ strap line ’
jeeeeeeeeeeez you’ll be in advertising next or working for GCAP

Muz, Let me know where to send them and I will give you two I’ve taken off my wagon. You pay for postage of course.

Regards

Paul

Drop me a pm and we can arrange things.

Just a thought, do you by any chance have Mich tyres on your truck?

Even if you dont email/phone/write to michelin and say you have Mich tyres on your motor and swear by them and wonder ifyou could get hold of a ‘bibendum’ mascot for yours, so you can advertise how much you like their tyres.

There’s a good chance they’ll just bung one in the post to you. It’s how people used to get them! :laughing:

dennisw1:
Just a thought, do you by any chance have Mich tyres on your truck?

Even if you dont email/phone/write to michelin and say you have Mich tyres on your motor and swear by them and wonder ifyou could get hold of a ‘bibendum’ mascot for yours, so you can advertise how much you like their tyres.

There’s a good chance they’ll just bung one in the post to you. It’s how people used to get them! :laughing:

More like they’ll either tell him to [zb] off or send him a poxy sticker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

True, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I once asked Lexmark about parts for an old Lexmark made Packard Bell printer for a friend. They asked for my mates address and sent her a brand new printer! Sometimes it pays off! :laughing:

Thanks for the quick replies (I’ve just got back from a break). I got outbid on ebay though, CPC catalogue on teh way.

Cheers again

them michelin men look like an expensive game for a fake plastic white fat ■■■■■■■■ i tell ytou what, i’ll save you a few bob. send me a tenner and i’ll send you a picture of me and you can blow it up to size, wrap a bit of cling film on it to keep the water oft and tape it to your motor, problem solved! :laughing:

very good mal pmsl :laughing: :laughing: .the funniest thing i saw was 4 bolted to a spotlight bar instead of the spotlights :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: you got to have al lafr aint you!

you in the chat tonight carl?

Dont some of them light up too?

you can make them light up by putting a bulb in them but they weren’t designed to light up

Does anyone remember the Volvo ‘Viking’ and the Daf ‘Duck’ Mascots ?
Are they still around now ■■