michael little

there’s often some very cliched, sometimes over-the-top sickly sweet american style garbage written on these forums about subjects like this, but declan’s posting was down to earth, honest and i have to say, touching

his point that none of us really consider the chance of not coming home from a simple day’s graft really made me think anyway - all the worse in this case as it’s due to an evil minded, selfish germ, not even an accident

This is my first post on the new forum, so forgive me if i’m repeating a thread that has already been started elsewhere, but i feel strongly about this subject and want to voice my opinion.

I think michael little is a true hero he had the presence of mind while suffering what must have been extreme pain (having a heart attack) to get his vehicle on to the hardshoulder thus avoiding many more tragic deaths.

I’m sure there are many people out there that owe michael little their lives and they are unaware of it.

I feel proud of him not least because of his actions on the day but also showing us and the regular motoring public that, behind the daily trudgery of tramping up and down our national road network, we do have this calibre of person working in our industry

It make you proud to be a fellow trucker!

least we forget!

Very proud of him but very very sad…

I think I can say all our hearts go out to his family and friends.

:frowning: deepest sympathy :frowning:

from taz & family

Micky Little’s tragic death touch me deeply. He was a Ford Truck Fleet driver, doing an ordinary run to southamton, that hopefully I will be doing very soon, as I am joining the Ford truck fleet.

I aslo believe I served my maintenance apprenticeship with his son, but cant for the life of me, rememeber his name…

He was and always will be a true ambassedor to the truck driving profession…

Cheers
AndyM

It puts the everyday moans & winges into focus.
A very sad loss, how many of us would put others first as our last action & thought.

Some folk are inspiring, but there were millions more anywhere near as thoughtfull…

im sure micks girlfriend sue would be touched by the sentiments shown on this site, he was a great guy who loved life and i can honestly say he was liked by everyone who knew him.he was doing a regular run from southampton had just left fleet services and in 2 hours would have probably been off home on his push bike as per usual.when i started at fords i was buddied up with mick, the man had forgot more about the job than i’ll ever know and we all still feel an overwhelming sense of loss at the truck fleet.as andy m will know all fmc vehicles have a fleet number, Y116 was ours and for the rest of my life that number will stay with me in my mind.i guess we all dont pay much attention to the thought of not coming home from a days work so my wish for you all is stay safe and enjoy life.

I don’t know how many of you have ever had someone throw a rock or stone from a bridge on to your truck,but its [zb] scarey!! I had some moron throw a stone off of a bridge and it hit the top of the cab and got stuck up behind the air deflector. It sounded as if the cab was going to cave in and I almost swerved into the next lane because of the sudden noise.So how on earth Micky Little managed to keep control of his truck and bring it to a safe stop on the hard shoulder is little short of amazing and I think the guy should be given the due respect he deserves for an amazing piece of control under such conditions.My heart goes out to the family and friends that he leaves behind.

If you have to doctor it to get it past the censor, that’s usually a hint that it’s banned! L. :wink: