MFI Now totally gone

According to Radio 4, the administrators say that the 1,400 staff will go, and all stores will close, with statutory minimum redundancy payments, and all holiday entitlements paid up.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7792498.stm

The distribution centre, at Thorne, near Doncaster, employs 350 people.
DHL said it would seek to redeploy as many staff as possible, but had so far found new posts for only 35 people.

i pasted the new distribution centre at thorne yesterday & noticed all the MFI signs had gone but their was still plenty of blue curtain sider trailers in there,probably hire trailers.

Worked there on agency, that place is Huge and is/was packed to the roof with stuff, wonder what will happen to all of it.

164480:
i pasted the new distribution centre at thorne yesterday & noticed all the MFI signs had gone but their was still plenty of blue curtain sider trailers in there,probably hire trailers.

I wonder how much money was wasted building that new DC??

Its only a year or so old. Or did they know something? Seeing as the factory at Scunthorpe shut just before they built the new place.

75m I think I read somewhere!!!

Made For Idiots

read somewhere else that the distribution centre was leased to MFI on a ten-year contract at a value of just over £3 million a year.

Not good …
Other areas of DHL contracts are struggling.We have a yard full of British gypsum wagons and trailers(and other dhl/exel contract wagons) hauling stuff for us to help out with the christmas rush , obviously no work for them on the gypsum contract.(and other contracts)
Not good for the agency lads though and BRS , used to have a yard full of hire wagons and agency drivers at this time of year.

Hi I Subcontraced For Them In The 80s&90s Out Of Northampton When MR JOHN BROOKS Was Transport Mananger He Was One Of The True Professionals. Never Meet Enyone To Come Near Him Since. He Was The BEST. As Was The Company Thanks To MFI It Made ME. And Can I SAY THANKS To ALL The STAFF Who Worked With me. I Shall NEVER FOR GET YOU. TOP COMPANY TOP STAFF. THE VERY BEST THANKS AGAIN To Every One From Brian. :cry: