metal box

daibootsy:
I was a driver for Illtyd Thomas & Sons, Swansea, they had contracts for MetalBox.
there are some pics on scrap book memories. have to have a look for more. hope these are an intrest.

they are mate cheers hope you put some more on thanks

MetalBox Drivers, Ray williams and his mate. MB Neath

Mickey Mouse foden,Those were the days when you were carryng the weight.

New Atkinson and trailer. MB Neath, some of you drivers would remember, MetalBox Neath as EAGLES BUSH.

daibootsy:
New Atkinson and trailer. MB Neath, some of you drivers would remember, MetalBox Neath as EAGLES BUSH.

great photos mate thanks

daibootsy:
HERE MORE METALBOX NEATH

Metal box Neath occasionally came to Wyldes lane Worcester , but a lot to Braunston Leics .
Worcester ran a lot of Seddons like those at Sutton in Ashfield . regards keith

THESE ARE EX METALBOX SEDDONS 301s not sre where they came from.

I dont like taking pics off other sites to put on here.think bbble man wont mind :smiley:

When Illtyd Thomas won the contract off MetalBox, they change the fleet color from maroon to MetalBox Blue.This E series E.R.F was on a daily run from Trostre, or Velindra to MetalBox Poole, the driver was Brian Miller who did this run for 19 years, Plate down and scrap back, happyydays :smiley: :smiley:

316688_122055981226309_100002657246828_115374_6878902_n.jpg

This is the retrn load from MetalBox Poole for Llanelli.

316688_122055974559643_100002657246828_115372_4097318_n.jpg

daibootsy:
I dont like taking pics off other sites to put on here.think bbble man wont mind :smiley:

does anyone no if that was a strood motor or where the pic was taken thanks

Found this at the Midland Railway Centre, Swanwick, Derbys:

And a few years later its still there, but not much progress:

Cheers
Ian

With Ray Holden reularly used to load out of MB Westhoughton, subbed from Bolton BRS, no weight in the loads, two pallets high, three or four sheets needed to cover the loads. Regular destinations with the cans were Vale of York Cannery at Wetherby and Filtrate Oils at Leeds. Also did factory to factory transfers of tinplate from Westhoughton, usually panic jobs on a second log sheet (!), remember going to Carlisle regularly with these and also Wisbech, nice low loads.

MB seddon diesel.

tk805.jpg

daibootsy:
MB seddon diesel.

Looks like those that Worcester operated regards kk

One of the last backloads I did in about 92 before I left the country, was out of MBH in Liverpool somewhere, arrived Friday morning 7am, loaded at 10am, sat waiting until 4.45pm for my documents, been away since Sunday lunchtime so not best pleased.
At the time, Drove a brand new Renault R340 Turboliner with curtainsider and I was pretty young at the time, when the guy handed me the docs over the counter, his words were along the lines of, “Now bugger off back south with your shiny new motor”, rumour had it (metal Box driver in yard)the docs had been ready since 10am, but he didnt like me or my truck or my London accent, so thats my memory of Metal Box :unamused:

Hiya …it makes you wounder how stobarts got stacks of the metal box work dos’nt it.
we at coopers had a right rough time with them. they would get tipped infront of you
and then walk of for ages so you coul’nt get on the spot to tip.
we would do 2 loads to knighton from metal box manchester they would just manage one.
i had a slight one up on them as i lived in leek. i was loaded the day before and half way there.
i was tipped and on my way before they could get infont of me.
the union was run from aintree and they set the pace…say no more.
John

hi lads great pics so far has anyone got any more please

Sorry no photos, but I remember loading at Carlisle [Botcherby Factory] off Robsons for Tyne Brand North Shields with cans for Tiny Tim Cat Food, all handball off onto rollers & it was outside no cover whatsoever, that was 50/60s Era, Regards Larry.