Met anyone famous while at work?

in 2012 i was driving towards Ipswich docks when i saw Billy Connolly walking on the pavement,i tooted my horn ,no reaction. So i did an about turn at the next roundabout and turned down the waterfront and there he was, standing still just gazing at the boats in the dock . i wound down my window and shouted "billyy " ,he turned and walked over as i said "it …is you " , he sortof smiled and shook my hand and then wandered off. . never said a word! [i later read he was appearing in town on stage that night]

I once saw potato-faced travel show presenter Alice Beer coming out of the bogs at Membury services and also Michelle Fowler off of Eastenders once crossed a zebra crossing in front of me in east London, I presume it was being filmed for the soap but I never saw the camera if it was.

Saw dozy last week, well he said he was no1 driver, so must have been him. :smiley:

corij:
in 2012 i was driving towards Ipswich docks when i saw Billy Connolly walking on the pavement,i tooted my horn ,no reaction. So i did an about turn at the next roundabout and turned down the waterfront and there he was, standing still just gazing at the boats in the dock . i wound down my window and shouted "billyy " ,he turned and walked over as i said "it …is you " , he sortof smiled and shook my hand and then wandered off. . never said a word! [i later read he was appearing in town on stage that night]

Ha funny you should mention the big yin, driving through fulham in the 80’s and saw him driving a VW beetle convertible with the top down. Gave him a quick blast on the air horns and yelled something (too long ago to remember) but got a wave and a big smile back!

Bill Clinton (yes the president one)
Vladimir Putin
Tony Blair when PM
Prince Harry
Various Press parasites inc Kate Adie the bullet magnet
Chuckle brothers
Cast from Bad Girls
Top Gear trio + crew
Some page 3 girls
Grew up living next door to Lee Mack ( before he got famous)

Old Scuffer:
Vladimir Putin
Tony Blair when PM
Prince Harry
Chuckle brothers
Cast from Bad Girls
Top Gear trio + crew
Some page 3 girls

Was Lee Mack funny?

Alan Sugar when I was collecting from a private airfield.

Rowan Atkinson twice, different houses and different cars each time.
The top gear team at Dunsfold a few times.
Spoke to Chris Evans in bond street 1 day and i also collected and delivered at his house, never saw him there tho.
Also a few years ago I was delivering in central London and richard Wilson was walking across the crossing, I only realised it was him cos somebody shouted “I don’t believe it” from a van.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Many years back I had a delivery to an address in Sussex. Couldn’t get tje artic (F86) up the drive. Walked up past the swimming pool, a car was driving down. The lady of the house was taking the kids to school in a rather posh Mini.
The delivery was for a Mr P. Littlefield if I remember? The young lady in our office threw fits when I said I was at Paul and Linda McCartney’s house.

Yes, but somebody normally has to tell me they’re famous first. :laughing:

bobbya:

Old Scuffer:
Vladimir Putin
Tony Blair when PM
Prince Harry
Chuckle brothers
Cast from Bad Girls
Top Gear trio + crew
Some page 3 girls

Was Lee Mack funny?

Can’t remember much about him to be honest, his brother was a bit geeky and his mum had issues with “the Demon Drink”.

Uday Hussein. Ahmad shah Massoud.

muckles:
Yes, but somebody normally has to tell me they’re famous first. [emoji38]

Had that “famous phrase” one year when I was running some support rubbish in for the Monaco F1 : you know, conversation starts with, “I want it now” and, after a reasonably polite reply why they can’t have it now . .here it comes. . .
“Do you know who I am”! . …

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Was in a Cafe at Bruntingthorpe about 15 years ago and Roger ( The Cook Report ) Cook came in , and was on Birchwood Services years ago and Clement Frued was in there.

Way too many to mention to be honest, however the most interesting person I have met was Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, I met him in Dubai, as we both had a keen interest and love of poetry, we got on like a house on fire. Very interesting man and a great poet in his own right.

I once stood behind comedy Dave in the queue for MDs at either Peterborough or Cambridge services, only twigged it were him afterwards though!

Mrs T, Prince Charles, Boutros Boutros-Ghali.

bullitt:
Mrs T, Prince Charles, Boutros Boutros-Ghali.

Boutros Boutros-Ghali?

:laughing: :laughing: …Close! :wink:

Rolf Harris when I was a kid, he asked me if I had any sisters !!! …