Messed up a manual entry

yesterday i started at 14:20 and finished at 22:05 but the card came out at 21:58 having done 4h35m driving. Today i started at 14:22 put card in at 14;30 and did my manual entry as i always do. 7 mins other work from card out to clock out rest from 22:05 till 14:22 then other work for the last 8 min however somehow according to the print out i managed to record the rest as other work and otherwork as rest. god knows what i was thinking.

however the bit that has stumped me is that according to the tacho i still had used 4h35m of driving on my daily drive even though this is effectivly over 2 tacho days. This has confused me because im sure when i screwed up last time and did something simular i still had a full days driving.

Just do 2 printouts, one for the office and one to carry for 28 days. Write on what your mistaken entry was.

Any company worth its salt will correct your mistake on the analysis software (which they can do if it is a mistake with a manual entry).

I don’t believe your driver card will be updated, so have the printout to hand in case of getting stopped. Any DVSA officer will take one look and know exactly what you have done I would imagine, nonetheless. You are entirely legal so it is not worth bothering a jot about at the end of the day. You are in fact completely legal in terms of your breaks, rest, so it is just record keeping that has gone slightly awry.

The tachograph is counting yesterday’s driving for today because you never booked a daily rest period.

All you can do now is to do a couple of printouts and write an explanation on them then sign them, hand one in when your card is downloaded and keep the other with you in case you get pulled into a roadside check.

I can’t explain why you got away with it when you screwed up a manual entry before though.

This is getting beyond a bloody joke , drivers messing up manual entries every 5 mins , those who don’t do any because of there fear of messing them up , telling other drivers not to do them as they will mess up
Yet I’m supposedly the thickest of posters & can do them with no issues what ever , in my sleep with my eyes closed , been doing them from when we first had lorries with digi tachos, there so simple it’s beyond belief someone can get it wrong , how do they cope with there phones , or whatever gadgets they own
I mean it’s not as though digi tachos are a new thing , they’ve been round for donkeys years ,
You could say it’s youngsters not knowing how , but they seem to pick up mobile phones up easy enough ,yet a simple manual entry is beyond them , strange