Message to Morrison's RDC

Saw this on facebook and I hope he doesn’t mind me posting it here. We all have stories of RDCs

Hello again Morrisons HQ . I’m very disappointed that yet again I’m having to use my battery life typing this message when I could be playing bejeweled 2 on my phone.
The reason for my message today is regarding the prison camp aka GADBROOK! Now I know I’ve been onto you before but things are getting much much worse. Arrived at Gadbrook at 1.15am for a 2am slot time (I know nice and early) however pulling into the depot I’m confronted with what I can only describe as a seen from a Truckfest event without visitors (truckfest is a festival that you take your family to get to know them after forgetting what they look like due to living in a truck) 14 Trucks and 3 getting unloaded. Now I consider myself good on a forklift but I know that trying to unload 17 loads in 45 minutes isn’t going to be possible so with tears running down my face I park up while looking at pictures of my family that don’t know me anymore, I check my water supplies as last time I visted I nearly died of dehydration. It’s now 3.30am and the weeds are growing round my wheels being here I’m thinking of my big shop tomorrow I’m hungry and decided to make some food but when I get my BBQ out of the locker in the truck I got told off by the shunter. What a killjoy I would have made him a extra special burger from tesco but I’m not allowed to cook on site so he says !! . Sorry I mentioned the T word but I just can’t face shopping at my local Morrisons in Southport anymore not since last time I spent the night at Gadbrook I get in a panic thinking that I will be locked in the shop for hours when all a bloke wants to do is shop grab the shopping and get in the car. So ever since the last time I spent all night at Gadbrook ive had to shop at tesco. I do miss your donuts though Morrisons donuts are the best donuts every made !! Us truck drivers are very experienced when it comes to donuts. The sun is rising and I’m now number 8 in the queue the forklift guys are on a go slow and the drivers already unloaded are waiting over 30 minutes for their paperwork back. God only knows what are they doing in the warehouse. My next job is now cancelled as I won’t make the 4.30am pickup so yet again our small company has lost a few hundred pounds due to Morrisons not being able to accept stock ordered in a suitable time frame.
If Morrisons has an opportunity in logistics organisation team feel free to get in touch because I have some brilliant ideas!!
4.30am still not on a bay losing the will to live.
I look forward to hearing back from you all in Bradford very soon.
P.s have you any donuts in Gadbrook? Oh and more week killer? Thanks all.
Regards Steve Richards.

I took this photo at Gadbrook a couple of years ago and it really does say it all…

I think my record is arriving at 07.30 for an 09.00 tip, followed by a chep collection.

Pulled out of there at 15.00. Was probably tipped by something like 11.45, but they didn’t actually know where I was collecting the pallets from, I tried produce, where I’d had them from the time before, then got sent around to goods out side, that had no clue so I even tried goods in. Eventually turned out it was on the bays at despatch but in the meantime, there were 3 TDS lads in front of me. For the life of me I can’t understand why they don’t cordon off an area to stack pallets, when the bloody bay they push them through will only take a stack of 10.

Why not just use those 3 bays for parking 3 empty trailers on, and use the 3 freed up bays as a pallet storage area?

An onsite toilet would be useful too.

I do boxes in there,i like standing in the rain and snow outside the little window were you hand in your not so real keys why they ignore you ,no dout more inportant things to do,erd there going to build a morg and scrap yard round the back some were .the one at thrapston is the same

Harry Monk:
I took this photo at Gadbrook a couple of years ago and it really does say it all…

:laughing: :laughing:

That seems appropriate :smiley:

I like tipping at Morrisons, usually in and out within the hour. :grimacing:

I am banned from all Morrisons sites, for breaking every single H&S rule in the book, even though I was wearing a hi-viz at the time :laughing: :laughing:
They don`t like it when you run shouting through their processing sites :laughing: :laughing: I was being chased and you know what■■? It was fun.

How can you moan about getting paid to do nothing, next you will want paying to stay at home
the few times I have been to Gadbrook like atl says in and out within the hour

Morrisons at Wakefield once tried pinching a pallet of stuff that they had took off one of our drivers :open_mouth: He was delivering a full load of 26 pallets and at the collection point he watched and counted the pallets as they went on (26 in total)
He gets to Morrisons and they start tipping him under the gantry while he was cleaning his cab. After tipping the forkie comes up and says that the load is one pallet short, our driver says he’s talking ■■■■■■■■ as he knows there was 26 pallets put on at the collection point. He goes to the window where you get the paperwork and they confirm only 25 have come off and he’ll have to pull off the bat to allow another truck on, he told them basically to get ■■■■■■ he wasn’t going anywhere and was ringing our gaffer.
They were kicking off at him but he told them no chance as once he was off the bay it wasn’t their problem. He decided to venture into the warehouse to see only for the warehouse manage to come storming over wanting to know what he was doing? He told him the situation and the warehouse manager said it was true and if he didn’t leave the main gaffer was coming down.
After about 5 mins the main gaffer came down saying our driver was now banned off site and our company was to be informed of his behaviour, our driver said he couldn’t give a monkeys and as the warehouse team and management were sorting somthing out he got into the warehouse went around the back of some racking to see the 26th pallet on its own hidden away completely from the other 25 :open_mouth: Only then when our driver said he was ringing the old bill up did Morrisons change their tune and start being all pally with him and say they must have miscounted the load :unamused: :laughing: