Merry Xmas from an old trailer boy

Hello All. A Merry Xmas from an old trailer boy. Here is my first attempt at posting a photo of a motor I spent thousands of miles in. Jim.

Here is EVG249 a MK3 Mammoth Major that was a regular ride although by the mid sixties she ran more local UK than Continental. Jim

The fleet, more or less as it was in the later sixties. I was a schoolboy who stood in for the regular trailer-mates when they were on holiday or sick and it tied in with my holidays. I shared the cab in all the draw-bar wagons in the pic. I have a disc with lots of pictures of Johnny Wyatt’s lorries, but I am not sure of its provenance. I believe they were taken by Chris Wyatt who I am sure would not object to them appearing here so I am posting them and hoping there is no objection. Jim

OOPS!! Sorry about the size.I am using imgur. anybody got any advice. Jim.

jmc jnr:
OOPS!! Sorry about the size.I am using imgur. anybody got any advice. Jim.

Resize them to 800X600 Jim, should say somewhere on the site you are uploading them.
Cheers Dave.

Thanks Dave. Let’s try this view. Jim.

NOPE! Bear with me chaps please. Jim.

And again.

Sorry men. I shall have to go and hide from Harry before the knotted rope comes out. Be back when I get it right.
Harry - I cleaned the screen and the mirrors and lights so be gentle. Jim.

jmc jnr:
Sorry men. I shall have to go and hide from Harry before the knotted rope comes out. Be back when I get it right.
Harry - I cleaned the screen and the mirrors and lights so be gentle. Jim.

I can get the big pics resized Jim, but failed with the small one’s.
Cheers Dave.

Well done and magic Dave. One more go from me before Harry turns up! Typical trailer boys - can’t trust them with anything technical. Jim.

jmc jnr:
Well done and magic Dave. One more go from me before Harry turns up! Typical trailer boys - can’t trust them with anything technical. Jim.

Nowt wrong with that Jim, you’ve cracked it.
Cheers Dave.

At last! The motor is EVG 249 about to be loaded on the Bay Fisher at Felixstowe via the old seaplane crane - destination Rotterdam - early sixties. Jim.
Now I need to get the format back to normal. Thanks a million Dave.

Due to the shortage of French permits at the time the Artic trailers often went over unacompanied and Dinoir did the rest.
The guy on the left is Jim McCluskey Snr - my dad - later TM at Wyatts. Jim

A side view of EVG . Jim

One of EVG’s last jobs was shunting Peas from Coltishall to SPD at Oulton Broad in 1967. Aubrey Daniels was driver and myself as trailer mate when we broke down on the A47 Acle straight.
The carnage that ensued is a story to itself - as are many tales of a trailer boy ( now 64 yrs old ) held to silence for all these years. Interested? Jim.
PS can the Moderators move this bacck to normal please. Sorry my fault. Jim.

Don’t worry about it Jim,

Keep posting, when the thread gets on page 2 it will revert to normal size!

Good to see those old AECs

Regards,

John