Mercedes, Iveco & Renault Owners/Drivers - Can you help?

Hi Guys,

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place. Couldn’t really find a forum that this would fit in…

I’ll cut straight to the chase - I, and the company I work for design & manufacture lighting for commercial vehicles (many of you probably have our kit) and currently we are developing a new trailer wiring and lighting system. Its all very new stuff with the idea that it makes building trailers faster, and much easier to maintain when things get damaged etc.

At this point we are quite far on in the development stages and have a working prototype system which would typically run on an average 40’ trailer. To date I have been able to test the system (successfully) hooked up to DAFs, Scanias, and Volvos, but I am now struggling to find a local fleet operator or owner/driver that runs Mercs, Iveco, or Renault tractor units. This is where hopefully some of you guys in the Norfolk/Suffolk area can help…

So what am I asking for?

Basically, if I could meet you and your tractor unit at your yard or wherever, plug in our prototype system (instead of your trailer) on the 24N/S, take a few readings with a multimeter, and see that it plays ball with the tractor unit (bulb failure warnings mainly). That is literally all we’re asking for - maybe 10 minutes of your time.

What do you get out of it?

As a thank you, I’ll bring along either a set of LED side markers, or a brand new set of LED rear lights - its up to you, let me know what you want and I’ll bring them along with me for you.

We’re based in Thetford, Norfolk, so if there are any fleet operators or owner drivers based around here that are running the makes mentioned and would be interested in helping a local company bring a new product to market I’d be grateful to hear from you. Feel free to reply to this thread or PM me for more details.

Thanks In advance,
Stu

looks like the Norfolk boys are too busy with their Scanias & Volvos :wink:

Of course if you feel like a trip to the Southwest I could find you a Renault drawbar outfit to plug things into :wink:

For the Mercs have you tried Bartrams, http://www.bartrums.com/ I’m sure they have Mercs and are based in Eye in Suffolk.

I think Anglia Freight run Renaults, http://www.angliafreight.co.uk/ Again they are based in Eye.

Off the top of my head the only person I can think with Ivecos are Wymondham Freight. http://www.wymondhamfreight.com/ Based in (you’ll never guess) … Wymondham. which for Norfolk is far to logical. :laughing:

Star Transport at Thetford have got a MegaSpace Merc.

Hi guys,

We’ve tried Bartrums and yes they do run a couple fo Mercs, but have declined to assist unfortunately. As have Turners. Star have been, erm, stars, giving us access to the yard as and when we need. top marks to them, though thats only Scania, DAF and Volvo. I did see their Actros on friday whilst stuck on the single carriageway section of the A11 due to a broken down car (which was 20M from the war memorial layby, but Mr police thought better to direct single file traffic as opposed to easily clearnign the abstruction. Rant over.), but it wasn’t in when we were testing yesterday.

Will give Anglia Freight a call and Wymondham Freight. Thanks for the suggestions.

Looking at the thread title, just realised I’ve missed MAN! Any takers?

DennisF, I’m on the road and do some miles, so South West wouldn’t really be a problem if you can sort something out on Renaults?

It seems you’ll get more help off the good old haulage fleets.

MA and MV Medlers of Marsham have a pretty mixed fleet, which I’m sure includes Mercs, MANS and Iveco’s.
Also have you thoght of contacting the East Coast Truckers, I’m sure for a donation or gift they could sell they could find all the trucks you need in the local area.

what makes you think it might not marry up to a merc, iveco, or renault?
the susi wiring layout is the same on all units. isn’t it?

Muckles, thanks. More to call tomorrow :slight_smile:

Limeyphil,

Yes the Suzie wiring is the same, obviously it has to be, for compatibility and the inputs on our system conform to those standards. Its how the tractors detect blown bulbs thats the important bit…

semtex65:
Muckles, thanks. More to call tomorrow :slight_smile:

Limeyphil,

Yes the Suzie wiring is the same, obviously it has to be, for compatibility and the inputs on our system conform to those standards. Its how the tractors detect blown bulbs thats the important bit…

that’s interesting.
i’ve only ever had blown bulbs on the unit show up on the display. is it a new thing with trailers?
our units are all under 4 years old, but the trailers are 10 years plus.

Well, a little update.

MAN TGA’s and TXG’s crossed off the list now and confirmed working with the new system. Thanks to Roger Warnes and Imperial Commercials Norwich.

Mercs also covered now having got some good testing done on Warburton’s trunk fleet.

So its just the Renault and Iveco guys I need now. Any takers? Happy to come meet any drivers to test the system - even if its on the QT from bosses if you know you’re going to be parked up for a break in the norfolk/suffolk A11/A14/A43/A47 etc areas. Just need these two confirmed and we’re good for product launch. Really would appreciate it.

Cheers