Mercedes-benz NG and SK's Trucks

TDL102:
You got to a love an 80’s Benz.
Fingers crossed we will have our mint ex MB museum 1628S out and about soon, this is her in the yard waiting for a final clean and some proper pictures to be taken.

Your Merc 1628 is a really nice truck. It will be great when you get it on the truck shows. Can’t wait too see the other pictures you have . Tony

Great pictures and stories keep them coming in . My first NG truck was a 1617 ridged truck with a day cab it was very sparce but nice too drive . The next one was a 1628 artic when i was doing some agency work for Laura Ashley it was comfortable and like you have said not a lot of power mind you all i had on the trailer was 2 pallets too go to Stansted !! Then when i started at Joint Motorways the first one i drove was a 1628 with the midium cab it was ok it was normally shunting at Shotton . I drove a couple of the mercs with the EPS but only with the V6 engines . I would like too have drove one of the V8 with the turbos but unforunatly i didn’t have the chance . Mind you i would have loved too go over the Beacons with Billys RIP 1748 and see how it would go up there . Any way enough of me keep the pics and stories coming in . Tony

Mercedes Benz should have been prosecuted for False Representation when they put that badge on the front of the SK.

POWERLINER

Remember driving a 1633 around 1987 nice motor but the huge steering wheel & very stiff double H gearbox :imp: - still at least it wasn’t a EPS :cry: :cry: , having said that i’m now driving a brand new Axor - NOT impressed…Progress eh! :unamused:

TDL102:
Fingers crossed we will have our mint ex MB museum 1628S out and about soon, this is her in the yard waiting for a final clean and some proper pictures to be taken.

Here is the original.

A true Mercedes POWERLINER.

8LXBV8BRIAN:
A true Mercedes POWERLINER.

and very nice as well.

H.E. Woodcock 6x2 on Kent show stand circa Aug 87 I think.

D922JKE.jpg

2035LS, went through 2nd axle king pin pushes and EPS gearboxes like there was no tomorrow.
A Wood & Son Ltd took 23 of these in one hit just as they were taken over by Albert Fisher.

Here’s an 1838 I had from brand new pulling a scrap tipper, did nearly a million k’s in it and the only trouble I had was fuel filters. It had the EPS box and that was no trouble either but not as good as the later boxes with the pre-select facility.

This is me tipping scrap on Seaforth Docks, Liverpool. That 1838 went like the clappers once it had a few miles on the clock, it didn’t loosen up till it was showing about 75,000km’s.

had a 1635 at mat great truck never let me down.eps ok if nobody else drove it.beds was a bit hard.the v8 pulled like a train in its day.never got any pics hopefully somebody has.mat 33 great truck .great times.

Why, when I’m trying to post a pic, does it say “your message contains to few characters”

Dieseldogsix:
Why, when I’m trying to post a pic, does it say “your message contains to few characters”

You have to write something in the text space

Wheel Nut:

Dieseldogsix:

You have to write something in the text space

I did Malc, still no go, i’ll try again.

I always liked this one

merc1850.jpg

anyone got any pics of the black 1850 i think it was that cullina logistics had

TDL102:

TDL102:

Here is the original.

How interesting to see the 1625 demonstrator. At first i thought it was our old motor, but after i’d looked through the archive of old lorry photos i found ours was BKR 740Y ( which was kept in demo livery ). Back in the 70s & 80s Sparshatts of Sittingbourne supplied most of the local hauliers with Mercedes trucks, almost everyone round here had at least one.
Luckily ive been able to aquire many of the original photos of most of the local fleets from that time going back to the days of the 1418s & 1924 models. Ive now got 3 or 4 albums full!!. I also have the A & RJ Wood company album which goes right back to the 50s long before the first Mercs arrived in 76. I really look foward to seeing the restored 1628 in the metal.

Mark R:

TDL102:

TDL102:

Here is the original.

How interesting to see the 1625 demonstrator. At first i thought it was our old motor, but after i’d looked through the archive of old lorry photos i found ours was BKR 740Y ( which was kept in demo livery ). Back in the 70s & 80s Sparshatts of Sittingbourne supplied most of the local hauliers with Mercedes trucks, almost everyone round here had at least one.
Luckily ive been able to aquire many of the original photos of most of the local fleets from that time going back to the days of the 1418s & 1924 models. Ive now got 3 or 4 albums full!!. I also have the A & RJ Wood company album which goes right back to the 50s long before the first Mercs arrived in 76. I really look foward to seeing the restored 1628 in the metal.

You should PM me and we can arrange a meeting to have a look at the 1628, would be inter4ested to see your albums too.