Mercedes Benz Actros radios

I’m now driving a 59plate mp3 actros and the stereo as per usual is not the best.
Could anyone tell me if they are 24v or can I put my Sony in it.
Just asking as I haven’t got the right tools to remove it at the moment to have a look.
Cheers

jase:
I’m now driving a 59plate mp3 actros and the stereo as per usual is not the best.
Could anyone tell me if they are 24v or can I put my Sony in it.
Just asking as I haven’t got the right tools to remove it at the moment to have a look.
Cheers

24Volt mate.

Balls!!,bloody krauts!!
Cheers damoq,I’m back to the drawing board now. Lol

jase:
Balls!!,bloody krauts!!
Cheers damoq,I’m back to the drawing board now. Lol

No worries. I’d have thought the sound is probably more to do with crap speakers. Not sure if changing them would maybe make a difference.

I think your right mate,I’m not going to bother changing the speakers though as I’m not too sure how long we’ll be keeping the truck.

i had a 54 plate mp2 the radio was 24v but there was a 12 volt feed up there that i used for my cb so there maybethe 12v feed up there

You are proposing taking out a Becker and replacing it with a Sony?! That’s like swapping a 911 for a Golf GTI.

If you were to buy an Audio 10 unit which said Becker on it rather than Mercedes, it would be nearly £500, they also make them with Porsche and Ferrari written on the front as well by the way.

I think you will find at changing the speakers and possibly the cabling and suppression will transform it.

acd1202:
You are proposing taking out a Becker and replacing it with a Sony?! That’s like swapping a 911 for a Golf GTI.

If you were to buy an Audio 10 unit which said Becker on it rather than Mercedes, it would be nearly £500, they also make them with Porsche and Ferrari written on the front as well by the way.

I think you will find at changing the speakers and possibly the cabling and suppression will transform it.

Becker made the truckline range of head units that were fitted to the actros till about 2007. The head unit with the aux in connection on the front fitted from 2007 onwards is made by Blaupunkt.

^^^ correct ^^^